Last Updated on
The aim of our digital wellbeing training course materials is to help your participants understand the risks and benefits of digital technologies in relation to their own well-being.
By the end of this course, they will know how to reduce the risks and maximize the benefits of digital technologies and assess if they need a digital detox.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- Downloadable immediately
- US English & British English compatible
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of your own courses as you wish.
Why Digital Wellness Training Is Important
Digital technologies play an increasingly important role in our lives. They provide us with many opportunities, which would have been unthinkable in the past, when we did not have these technologies at our disposal.
Today, just to give you a few examples, we can:
- connect with people globally who have our same interests
- find information in real-time about an unlimited number of topics
- access and carry with us a huge amount of entertainment such as videos, music and books
- keep in contact easily with friends and family worldwide
- and do a lot more
However, there are also risks associated with the use or over-use of digital technologies.
For example, things that can have a negative impact on our mental health, such as addiction to the Internet, inability to switch off and relax, cyberbullying, harassment and more.
Avoiding digital technologies altogether though is not realistic.
So, how can we maximize the benefits of these technologies while minimizing the risks to safeguard our well-being?
Awareness of these risks and of the strategies we can use to create a better relationship with digital technologies is key. Training about digital wellbeing can help people acquire this knowledge.
This digital wellbeing training course materials package aims to do just that.
Assessing our relationship with digital technologies is something that we should all do, to safeguard our wellbeing.
Are we addicted to these technologies and, if so, do we need to go on a ‘digital diet’? Are there any other things we need to do to improve our digital wellness?
These are key questions that a digital wellness training course can help people reflect on.
Why Should You Provide Digital Wellbeing Training Courses as a Trainer?
Digital wellbeing is a new area of research in the field of wellness and well-being and it is destined to grow fast as digital technologies become ever more present in our lives.
Our interaction with digital technologies is very likely to increase, rather than decrease over time. As a result, if you want to come across as a trainer who is up to date with current issues in society, digital wellness is a good topic to be able to offer.
Whether you are a freelance trainer or an in-house corporate trainer, being able to teach digital wellbeing will give you a competitive edge in your profession.
Our digital wellbeing training course materials will help you start training clients on this new topic straight away.
We have done research on digital wellness, designed the teaching materials and created a lesson plan with a good balance of activities for participants and presentation of materials.
With our digital wellness training course materials, you can hit the ground running. In addition, our training course materials for trainers are fully editable for you to adapt as you wish and you can download them immediately.
If you, as a trainer, are interested in teaching other wellness and healthy living training sessions, take a look at our list of off-the-shelf training course materials about well-being.
Who Are Our Digital Wellbeing Training Course Materials Intended for?
With the expression ‘digital technologies’, we refer to anything that works digitally, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, e-readers, smartphones, smart TVs and radios and wearable devices such as smartwatches and fitness trackers.
We also refer to digital programs and applications that we can use either over the Internet or offline and any content that we can access using these programs and devices.
With digital technologies including so many devices and tools, there is hardly anyone left who does not use one or more of these technologies in one way or another.
As a result, a course on digital wellness can be relevant for anyone. The scope to teach this topic and help people achieve a better relationship with digital technologies is endless.
Who Could Benefit from This Digital Wellness Training Package?
There are many people who could benefit from attending a digital wellbeing training session, including:
- Members of staff in organizations and companies.
Having a bad relationship with digital technologies can have a negative impact on people’s mental health, on their relationships, on their use of time and, as a result, on their productivity.
Thus, it could be very beneficial to train corporate staff on how to improve their digital wellbeing.
- Individuals from any walk of life and of any age.
As a freelance trainer, you can provide digital wellness workshops to a variety of people who would benefit from enrolling in such a course.
- People who are addicted to digital technologies and find it hard to switch off. As a result, they would benefit from becoming aware of the issue and going on a digital detox or digital diet.
- Line managers in organizations, in order to support members of staff who are having problems due to a bad relationship with digital technologies.
- High-level managers to understand how digital wellbeing can have an impact on an organization as a whole.
- Students who are adept at using digital technologies but could do with becoming aware of the impact that these technologies can have on their well-being and how to deal with it.
Duration of This Digital Wellbeing Training Course
- This is a short course, that is designed to last about 2 hours.
If you are a freelance trainer, you can run this session on the same day as other short sessions on related topics (focusing on health and well-being issues) such as mindfulness, mental health awareness in the workplace or menopause awareness.
These off-the-shelf training materials on digital wellbeing are for anyone who uses digital technologies.
Outline and Objectives of Our Off-the-shelf Digital Wellness Training Course Materials
The aim of the digital wellness training course materials is to help participants be more aware of the risks and to maximize the benefits of digital technology in relation to their own wellbeing.
These training materials are designed to encourage participants to reflect on their current use of digital technologies, and to discuss their risks and benefits of these technologies for their well-being.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Reflect on their use of digital technologies
✔ Define digital wellbeing
✔ Discuss the risks and the benefits to their personal wellbeing of using digital technology
✔ Identify issues around how information is shared through digital technologies
✔ Discuss the impact of digital technologies on people’s self-confidence and sense of achievement
✔ Discuss the impact of digital technologies on the way people interact with each other
✔ Identify strategies to manage digital technologies in such a way as to improve their wellbeing
These training course materials are designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom environment.
However, we have designed the training materials in such a way that participants are involved throughout the session. The lesson plan includes many opportunities for discussions and for learners to be active participants.
Adults learn better if they participate actively and if they are in charge of their own learning.
This is why, at Symonds Training, we design training course materials to make sure that participants are always engaged through discussions, activities, and exercises.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- A digital wellness self-awareness questionnaire for participants to reflect on their own use of digital technologies and how these technologies make them feel.
- Definition of wellbeing and of digital wellbeing.
- Risks and benefits of digital technologies.
- Issues about the sharing of information via digital technologies.
- The impact of digital technologies on self-confidence and sense of achievement.
- The impact of digital technologies on social interactions and how to deal with negative attention.
- Tools and tips to manage digital technologies
Samples from the Digital Wellbeing Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
USD$115 (approx. £85) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
With These Digital Wellness Training Materials, Instantly Download:
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
✔ 30 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 23-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Handout for classroom activities (digital wellbeing self-awareness questionnaire)
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline and one handout for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
This course is designed such that it is perfectly suitable for both American English and British English styles.
We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Environmental Awareness in the Workplace Training Course Materials for Trainers - January 25, 2020
- Active Listening Skills Training Materials - January 18, 2020
- Best Resources for Trainers and Training Course Designers - January 10, 2020