These ‘Stress Management‘ training course materials are for trainers to run workshops on how to manage and relieve stress. The materials also include a section on managing stress in the workplace.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Stress Management Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
Importance of Managing Stress in Life and at Work
Stress is a natural response that your body displays when you face an imminent threat. This is the so-called fight or flight response.
This is why, when you are stressed, you experience a number of symptoms, including a faster heartbeat, higher blood pressure, a feeling of having a knot in your stomach and more. These changes exist so that you are better prepared to either run away quickly from a threat or to fight against it.
However, when the stress response is continuous, your body never has a chance to relax and recover. This leads to a state of chronic stress, which is extremely bad for your overall health (both physical and mental).
Our modern lifestyle is particularly conducive to the development of chronic stress because we tend to struggle in dealing with competing demands for our time and attention.
As a result, we never let go of worries and we might start worrying too much about things that happened in the past or may happen in the future. This can lead to a loss of perspective and stress and anxiety dominating our lives.
Finding ways to manage, reduce and relieve stress is, therefore important to keep chronic stress at bay.
Chronic stress can lead to (or exacerbate) serious health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, autoimmune syndromes, depression, anxiety disorders, and more.
This is why being able to manage and reduce stress is so important for your health.
In addition, stress management helps you improve your relationships with others (as you will be more positive and less likely to want to escalate conflict) and it can benefit your career too.
In the workplace, stress management is important both for the individual members of staff and for an organization as a whole.
For you as an individual, being able to cope with stress at work will make you more productive and increase your chances of success and job satisfaction.
For a company, helping your employees to experience lower stress levels and deal with stress, will mean:
- Happier, more motivated and more committed employees
- Higher productivity
- Better customer service and satisfaction
- Higher staff retention levels
- Fewer accidents and mistakes
- Lower absenteeism levels
- Staff working better in teams
- Better conflict management and resolution
Whether you are a freelance trainer who runs workshops on stress management or a company that wants to look after its employees, our trainer materials will help you.
Why Is It a Good Idea for You, as a Trainer, to Teach a Workshop on Stress Management?
More and more people are becoming interested in their health and wellbeing and being able to manage and relieve stress is a big part of managing our health.
Also, more companies these days are aware of the importance of looking after their staff’s well-being to build a thriving and successful business.
So, stress management is a topical subject that you can teach as part of a soft-skills and wellbeing teaching portfolio.
Other related training materials, which you may be interested in, include:
- Confidence Building
- Resilience in the Workplace
- Life Planning and Goal Setting
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Emotional Intelligence
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are These Training Course Materials for?
This training materials package is for freelance or corporate trainers to teach participants strategies to manage and relieve stress at work and in life in general.
The materials are for you to teach in a classroom environment (either in person or virtually).
You may want to buy our inclusive leadership training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to increase their offer of health and wellbeing teaching.
- An HR department, which has been asked to address stress management issues in the workplace.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
- Employees, at any level, needing to develop strategies for managing stress in the workplace.
- Leaders and team managers who struggle to cope with a stressful job role and/or who need to know more about stress and strategies to deal with it, both for their own and their team members’ benefit.
- Any individual who would like to manage and relieve stress, to be happier and lead a more satisfying life.
1 Day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course as virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2 hours’ modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if need be.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of this training course package is to help participants deal with and manage stress, by using strategies to either reduce the causes of stress or relieve stress when it cannot be avoided.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Discover what stress is, including its symptoms and how it can affect them.
✔ Identify the causes of stress.
✔ Use stress management strategies.
✔ Identify the causes of and manage stress in the workplace.
✔ Develop a stress management plan and make stress management a habit.
This course is designed for a trainer to deliver it to a group of people in a classroom.
You can also use the materials to teach online, via Zoom or other conference software or learning management systems, as the Word documents and PowerPoint slides can easily be used for distance learning. We also provide, as part of the package, tips, and advice on how to run the activities virtually.
Even though the course is designed to be trainer-led, we have made sure that the materials contain a variety of activities (including discussions, questions and answers, and handouts to fill) to keep the participants engaged.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
What Stress Is and How It Can Affect You
- The symptoms of stress (physical, behavioural, emotional and cognitive)
- Some facts about stress
- Types of stress, including positive vs negative and acute vs chronic stress
- The dangers of chronic stress for health
The Causes of Stress
- The sources of stress
- Things that influence a person’s tolerance to stress
Stress Management Strategies
- Changing or reducing stressors
- Dealing with worries
- Changing your thoughts process to change negative automatic thoughts into more positive attitudes
- Relaxation techniques such as meditation, breathing and muscle relaxation
- Other well being strategies, including the importance of leading a heathy lifestyle for stress reduction
- The importance of making time for fun and relaxing activities
Stress in the Workplace
- Causes of stress at work
- Strategies for managing stress in the workplace at the levels on individual employees, leadership and organizational practices
- The difference between stress and burnout
Developing a Stress Management Plan
- Starting your stress management plan
- Discovering hidden stressors
- Creating stress management habits
- Preparing for stressful events
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 68 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 83-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ Four handouts for stress management activities.
✔ One script to read from, to lead a full body scan activity.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £137 (approx. USD$179) to instantly download the full ‘Stress Management’ training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Our ‘Building Resilience in the Workplace’ training course materials are designed for corporate trainers to teach participants how to develop personal resilience and how to improve resilience in the workplace. This training package is: Fully customizable and…
These ‘Self-Confidence Building for Adults’ training course materials are for trainers to help their students build confidence, self-esteem and self-belief at work and in their personal life. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English &…
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Ways To Help Employee Growth and Improve their Development and Skills Set - September 16, 2021
- 7 Ways to Engage Employees in the WorkPlace to Improve Motivation - September 9, 2021
- How to Give Constructive Feedback Effectively to Employees Training Activity - August 9, 2021