Our Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach awareness of bullying and harassment behaviors at work and how to address and prevent them.
This corporate training course materials package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Harassment & Bullying Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
What Are the Benefits of Training Employees on Bullying and Harassment?
Bullying and harassment is a health and safety hazard. The reason being that being bullied and/or harassed increases an employee’s stress levels, which has an impact on their physical and mental health.
Bullying and harassment at work:
- Involve abuse of power
- Are protracted over time (this is the case particularly for bullying)
- Involve actions and behaviors that can cause the victim harm
Employees who are the target of bullying and harassment, often suffer from traumatic stress and this in turn can cause conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Digestive disorders
- Lowering of the body’s immune defenses
The consequences, for a company where bullying and harassment go unchallenged, include:
- Demotivated employees
- High absence levels due to sickness
- High staff turnover
- Low productivity
- Low customer satisfaction
- More accidents or mistakes
In addition, in a company that tolerates harassment and bullying, the whole workforce can be affected as the atmosphere in the company will be tense. So, harassment and bullying do not just affect the people being directly targeted but the workforce as a whole.
There are also legal and reputation issues that a company needs to consider. Bullying and harassment can be legally challenged, which has a cost in terms of time and finances for an organization. If then these issues become public, the reputation of the company can be tarnished.
So, how do you address and prevent bullying and harassment in the workplace?
Training your staff is part of the answer. It is imperative that staff are aware of what bullying and harassment are, how to address these behaviors (including being aware of the company’s policy on the matter) and that they will not be tolerated.
Our bullying and harassment in the workplace training course materials aim specifically at helping your employees become aware of bullying and harassment, the issues involved, and how to address them.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Offer Workshops on Bullying & Harassment at Work?
If you are a freelance or corporate trainer, having equality and diversity courses to offer as part of your portfolio is always a good idea.
Equality and diversity topics are always relevant. This is the case even more so now, as companies understand more and more the importance of supporting their workforce by creating a welcoming and accepting work environment.
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- You can adapt our training materials for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Is Our Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace Training Package for?
These corporate training course materials are for trainers to use, in order to teach employees about bullying and harassment at work.
You may want to buy our bullying and harassment at work training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who has been hired to teach this topic.
- An HR department, which needs to address issues of harassment and bullying at work.
Individuals who will benefit from harassment and bullying awareness training include:
- Staff working in HR to learn how to prevent and address harassment and bullying at a company level.
- High level managers to understand the importance of fostering an organizational culture that is not conducive to abusive behaviours.
- Line manager to help and support their team members.
- Employees and team members at any level to know what to do when faced with bullying and harassment at work.
- Any member of staff to understand that their company does not allow its employees to abuse each other and, therefore, that they should refrain from doing so.
- 1/2 day
These training course materials contain enough content to allow a trainer to deliver a course that lasts up to half a day (about 2.5 to 3 hours, including a coffee break).
Other training course materials for short courses that go well with this course, if you wanted to teach for a full day, include:
Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace Training Materials Outline and Objectives
The aim of these course materials is to raise awareness of bullying and harassment behaviors in the workplace and how to address and prevent them.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what bullying and harassment are and the difference between the two.
✔ Recognize the causes and effects of bullying and harassment.
✔ Employ strategies to prevent and address bullying and harassment.
The materials for this course are designed for a trainer to deliver to a group of people in a classroom setting.
You can adapt these materials for online teaching and we provide some guidance and ideas on how to do so in the trainer’s notes and in a specially designed PDF.
Even though these teaching materials are designed to be teacher-led, they include many opportunities to actively engage learners (such as discussions and case studies).
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Bullying in the workplace definition
- Characteristics of bullying
- Examples of bullying behaviors
- Different types of bullying
- How to distinguish bullying from legitimate management actions
- The differences between bullying and harassment
- Reasons why a company should care about tackling bullying and harassment
- Effects and causes of bullying and harassment in the workplace
- How the workplace culture can affect whether its employees engage in abusive behaviors
- Things that individuals, managers, and organizations can do to prevent and address bullying and harassment
- What a bullying and harassment policy should cover
- Advice for those who have been targeted
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 35 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 40 page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes planning templates and guidance and a list of further readings.
✔ One activity handout with case studies.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
British GBP £97
to instantly download the full bullying and harassment in the workplace training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Our ‘Inclusive Leadership‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers and leaders in organizations how to make sure that all their workforce feels included, whatever their characteristics (such as gender, age, ethnicity, cultural and…
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias (also known sometimes as anti-bias) with our unconscious bias training materials. This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is: Fully…
Our Intercultural Communication training course materials are designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help them improve their own intercultural communication skills. These intercultural communication training course…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Tips on How To Be a Good Online Teacher, Instructor or Freelance Trainer - January 18, 2021
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace Training Course Materials - January 9, 2021
- Building Resilience in the Workplace Training Course Materials - January 8, 2021