Our “Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)” training course materials are for corporate trainers to provide employees with the fundamental basics for understanding EDI in the workplace.
Please note that these training materials are designed for absolute beginners, i.e. for employees who are completely new to the concepts of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
So, these workshop materials are aimed at providing a very short course about what EDI is, why it is important at work, and what employees can easily do to help support EDI.
*These training kit materials on EDI for beginners do NOT contain any explanation about more advanced concepts such as unconscious bias or intersectionality.
Instead, they are just aimed at raising awareness about EDI among employees who are new to equality, diversity, and inclusion and who need a very general introduction to these ideas, before they can start exploring EDI in more depth.Dr Valeria Lo Iacono Symonds
If you are looking to teach in more depth about specific aspects of EDI, we have other training course materials about equality, diversity and inclusion, such as unconscious bias and inclusive leadership.
This Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) training material package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- We include trainer notes at the bottom of the slides for adapting to teach online
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Basics of EDI Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Is EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) Important in the Workplace?
There are many reasons why caring about EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) at work is important for the organization and the individual employees alike.
For a company, there are three main reasons why they should care about EDI:
- Legal reasons – many countries have legislation in place to make sure that companies don’t discriminate against employees on the basis of characteristics such as gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or dis/ability.
- Business reasons – organizations that implement EDI-related measures tend to have more engaged employees, lower turnover and absenteeism rates, higher productivity, and better creativity and innovation.
- Ethical reasons – caring about equality, diversity and inclusion is morally the right thing to do as every human being deserves respect and to be able to thrive.
For employees, whether they are managers or team members, working in a company that implements EDI allows them to:
- Enjoy better mental and physical well-being, due to lower levels of stress
- Feel safer and more valued at work
- Have fairer opportunities for promotion and development
- Experience better job satisfaction
These “Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)” training course materials are designed to help your employees become aware of these benefits, and help them understand how they can make a difference in supporting EDI at work.
Why Do You Need to Teach Employees the Absolute Basics of EDI?
If you are a manager, trainer or HR person who works in a company that is already fostering equality, diversity and inclusion at work, or wants to start doing so, you might take it for granted that your employees have a basic understanding of what EDI involves.
However, this is not always the case. There are still people who have never heard of EDI or who have heard of it, but still do not grasp what it is all about.
So, before you start introducing them to more advanced concepts such as unconscious bias or allyship, you might want to make sure that they are familiar with the basic ideas at the root of EDI.
If you don’t provide employees who are new to EDI with its basic concepts, they may struggle to understand its value and they may find it hard to be on board with you when you ask them to support EDI at work.
Our “Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)” training course materials are a great tool to allow you to run a short but clear and focused workshop on the absolute basics of EDI for beginners.
What are the Benefits to You, as a Corporate Trainer, of Running a Workshop on EDI for Complete Beginners?
EDI (equality, diversity and inclusion) in the workplace is an important topic, which many companies are embracing.
So, as a corporate trainer, you might want to offer workshops in this area to your clients. As part of your portfolio, however, it is useful to have options for different levels of learners.
If the employees you are training are not familiar with EDI yet, it may be very useful to give them a short introduction first, such as this set of PowerPoint Slides and Trainer Notes that we offer.
Once your learners know the basic concepts that EDI entails, you can then offer them workshops on other related topics such as:
- Inclusive leadership (for managers)
- Unconscious bias
- Psychological safety
- Managing different generations
What Are the Benefits of Purchasing Ready-to-use Training Slides and Notes?
Here are some of the reasons why you may want to consider buying these resources:
- You can save a lot of time – Creating high-quality training materials, complete with engaging activities, diagrams and detailed trainer notes, can be quite a time-intensive task.
- Fully Customizable – These materials offer flexibility as they can be tailored to your needs. You have the freedom to add, delete or modify slides to suit your specific requirements.
- Professional Expertise – Dr. Valeria Lo Iacono, who has an extensive background in education and has taught at various universities, has meticulously designed these materials in-house.
- Uniform Quality – Rest assured, all our product packages have a consistently good quality level.
- Immediate Access – Once payment is processed, you can download the materials instantly, so you can use them immediately.
Who Is This Workplace Training Pack for?
“Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)” training course materials are for HR departments or corporate trainers who want to run workshops on EDI for complete beginners.
The course materials include PowerPoint slides and trainer notes that allow you to hold a brief training session, to give employees an overview of what EDI entails.
You may want to buy this pre-made introduction to the basics of EDI (equality, diversity & inclusion) workshop kit if you are a:
- Corporate trainer who plans to offer workshops on the basics of EDI
- HR department employee in charge of raising awareness within the organization of EDI and its importance
Employees Who Might Benefit from Attending a Session on the Very Basics of EDI at Work
Our training resources on the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) are suited for any employee, in any role and at any level who does not know yet what EDI is and how they and their colleagues can benefit from it.
These materials are ideal for a brief 1 – 2 hour session on equality, diversity & inclusion for beginners.
These training resources are for complete beginners, i.e. employees who need a basic introduction to EDI.
Course Materials Aims and Objectives
The aim of this trainer guidance and resources kit is to raise awareness of equality, diversity & inclusion on a very basic level.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what EDI is and some common misconceptions about it.
✔ Identify the benefits of EDI in the workplace.
✔ Recognize key actions they can take to support EDI at work.
With our ready-to-use EDI for beginners training slides and notes, you will be well-equipped to guide your participants toward these objectives.
These pre-made workshop tools are designed for a trainer to lead a session or a workshop in a classroom environment, be it face-to-face or online using software such as MS Teams or Zoom.
However, even though these materials are made to be taught by a trainer, they are also designed in such a way as to allow plenty of scope for active participants’ interaction. As such, the materials contain plenty of opportunities for learners to engage in activities and discussions.
Topics covered in this Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion) training pack include:
What Is EDI?
- What EDI stands for
- What the concepts of equality, diversity, and inclusion entail
- Myths and misconceptions about EDI
The Benefits of EDI in the Workplace
- Benefits for the individual employees
- Benefits for managers
- Importance of EDI for organizations
Basic Things That Employees Can Do to Support EDI at Work
- What you can do to support EDI at work as a colleague and team member
- Things you can do as a manager
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 26 PowerPoint PPT slides (trainer notes are on the bottom of each slide)
✔ 42-page instructor guidance notes on how to conduct the training
✔ Course documents (including course evaluation sheet, and course outline)
✔ Participants’ workbook.
✔ Two activities handouts, which include scenarios for class activities.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
GBP £59 (approx USD$75) to instantly download the “Introducing Employees to the Basics of EDI Equality Diversity & Inclusion” training Materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Our psychological safety at work training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for leaders on creating an environment in which staff feel safe to speak up. Psychological safety in the workplace is a relatively new concept in business…
Our ‘Inclusive Leadership‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers and leaders in organizations how to make sure that all their workforce feels included, whatever their characteristics (such as gender, age, ethnicity, cultural and…
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias (also known sometimes as anti-bias) with our unconscious bias training materials. This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is: Fully…
- 15 Business Etiquette Tips - February 15, 2024
- 7 Gratitude Team Building Games Activities for Employees - February 1, 2024
- 10 Gratitude in the Workplace Tips for a Positive Work Environment - January 30, 2024