Last Updated on
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias (also known sometimes as anti-bias) with our unconscious bias training materials.
This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- Designed for both UK/US English
- Downloadable immediately
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of your own courses as you wish.
Benefits of providing this course as a trainer
Unconscious bias is very topical these days as part of a drive towards equality and diversity.
So, it is very likely that your clients will be very interested in providing training to their staff in this area, as part of their equality and diversity training.
Actually, providing training on unconscious bias is seen as the first step towards overcoming this issue in companies. These days, large companies, universities and government bodies are pushing towards equality and diversity. So, having ‘unconscious bias’ as part of your training materials portfolio as a trainer is definitely a selling point.
Samples from the training course materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
How this course helps learners
Unconscious bias training, also sometimes called ‘Implicit bias‘, ‘No bias‘ or ‘Anti-bias‘ training, refers to unintentional stereotypes and judgments (either positive or negative) we all have towards certain groups of people, based on categories such as gender, class, nationality, interests they have and a lot more.
The problem with unconscious bias is that it is ingrained and hard-wired in us but we are not even aware that we are affected by it because it is unconscious.
So, it can be potentially even more harmful than prejudices that we are aware of, exactly because it can go undetected and still do a lot of damage to those who are on the receiving end of negative unconscious bias.
Because of this, it is very important to address unconscious bias, particularly in the workplace. Our unconscious bias training materials are specifically designed to help companies and individuals deal with unconscious bias.
Who Is the Unconscious Bias Training Materials Intended for?
This unconscious bias training materials package is suitable for those who are not familiar with the concept of unconscious bias yet.
People who may benefit from this course include, for example:
- HR departments who want to understand more about how to avoid unconscious bias in activities such as writing company policies and job ads, dealing with staff grievances and more.
- Members of staff with managerial and/or supervisory responsibility who hire, develop and mentor other members of staff.
- Any member of staff at any level, to improve the way they relate and deal with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
2 to 3 hours (depending on the number of delegates and on how much time you want to spend on each discussion).
The course can also be run as a series of seminars or workshops on equality and diversity, together with, for example, the disability etiquette & access awareness training, aimed at guiding people with disabilities through public spaces.
This unconscious bias training materials package is aimed at those who are not yet familiar with the topic.
Course Outline and Objectives
This course aims at explaining to people:
- what unconscious bias is
- how it impacts on individuals and organizations
- how to overcome it
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Recognize what unconscious bias is
✔ Identify the impact of unconscious bias on individuals and organizations
✔ Develop strategies to deal with unconscious bias
This training package on implicit bias is designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom environment but it is quite interactive.
The package contains plenty of activities and stimuli for group discussions, in order to actively involve participants. As the package contains a set of PowerPoint slides with plenty of pictures it caters for visual learners as well.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Discussing what unconscious bias is and where it comes from
- Understanding different types of bias
- Identifying when and how unconscious bias impacts on the workplace
- Discussing how to overcome bias
With This Course, Instantly Download:
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
✔ 25 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 21-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline and two handouts for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English
- This course is designed such that it is perfectly suitable for both American English and British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
USD$115 (approx. £85) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Our Intercultural Communication training course materials are designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help them improve their own intercultural communication skills. These intercultural communication training course…
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…
This disability etiquette & access awareness training package contains the materials for trainers to teach participants about the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) rules. In particular, the course material focuses on access and guiding people with disabilities…