Last Updated on
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias with our unconscious bias training materials.
This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- Downloadable immediately
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of your own courses as you wish.
Benefits of Unconscious Bias Training
Unconscious bias, also called implicit bias, refers to unintentional stereotypes and judgments (either positive or negative) we all have towards certain groups of people, based on categories such as gender, class, nationality, interests they have and a lot more.
The problem with unconscious bias is that it is ingrained and hard-wired in us but we are not even aware that we are affected by it because it is unconscious.
So, it can be potentially even more harmful than prejudices that we are aware of, exactly because it can go undetected and still do a lot of damage to those who are on the receiving end of negative unconscious bias.
Because of this, it is very important to address unconscious bias, particularly in the workplace. Our unconscious bias training materials are specifically designed to help companies and individuals deal with unconscious bias.
Why Do You Need Unconscious Bias Training Materials as a trainer?
Unconscious bias is very topical these days as part of a drive towards equality and diversity.
So, it is very likely that your clients will be very interested in providing training to their staff in this area, as part of their equality and diversity training.
Actually, providing training on unconscious bias is seen as the first step towards overcoming this issue in companies. These days, large companies, universities and government bodies are pushing towards equality and diversity. So, having ‘unconscious bias’ as part of your training materials portfolio as a trainer is definitely a selling point.
Who Is the Unconscious Bias Training Materials Intended for?
This is a short course that can last between 2 and 3 hours, depending on the number of delegates you have and on how long you want to spend on discussions and activities.
This unconscious bias training materials package is suitable for those who are not familiar with the concept of unconscious bias yet.
The course can be held on its own or as part of a series of training sessions on equality and diversity.
People who may benefit from this course include, for example:
- HR departments who want to understand more about how to avoid unconscious bias in activities such as writing company policies and job ads, dealing with staff grievances and more.
- Members of staff with managerial and/or supervisory responsibility who hire, develop and mentor other members of staff.
- Any member of staff at any level, to improve the way they relate and deal with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
2 to 3 hours (depending on the number of delegates and on how much time you want to spend on each discussion).
The course can also be run as a series of seminars or workshops on equality and diversity, together with, for example, the disability etiquette & access awareness training, aimed at guiding people with disabilities through public spaces.
This unconscious bias training materials package is aimed at those who are not yet familiar with the topic.
Course Outline and Objectives
This course aims at explaining to people:
- what unconscious bias is
- how it impacts on individuals and organizations
- how to overcome it
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Recognize what unconscious bias is
✔ Identify the impact of unconscious bias on individuals and organizations
✔ Develop strategies to deal with unconscious bias
This training package on implicit bias is designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom environment but it is quite interactive.
The package contains plenty of activities and stimuli for group discussions, in order to actively involve participants. As the package contains a set of PowerPoint slides with plenty of pictures it caters for visual learners as well.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Discussing what unconscious bias is and where it comes from
- Understanding different types of bias
- Identifying when and how unconscious bias impacts on the workplace
- Discussing how to overcome bias
Samples from Unconscious Bias Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
£85 for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
With This Course, Instantly Download:
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
✔ 25 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 21-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline and two handouts for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Places to Find Free Training Games, Activities & Energizers for Teaching Employees & for Meetings - October 18, 2019
- How it Works – Buying Customizable Training Courses - October 10, 2019
- Mental Health Awareness at Work Training Materials for Trainers - September 29, 2019