These ‘Absence Management’ training course materials are designed for corporate trainers to teach managers how to reduce absenteeism and presenteeism.
This training package covers topics such as the causes of presenteeism and absenteeism, absence management strategies and best practices to deal with absenteeism in the workplace.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Package
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Is Absence Management Important?
Absenteeism , when not properly managed, can have a negative impact on a company. Negative effects can include:
- High costs, such as paying other employees extra time or employing temporary staff to cover for absences
- Decreased productivity
- Demotivated employees, as those who are present end up having to work more to cover absences
- Decreased customer satisfaction
In addition, absenteeism can be a symptom of something wrong in the relationship between an employer and its employees. For example, absenteeism can be a symptom of low staff engagement and morale.
So, it is vital for an employer to be able to know how to tackle the causes of absenteeism at its roots, to prevent absenteeism in the first place, rather than just tackle absences as they happen.
The other side of absenteeism is presenteeism and these two phenomena often go together. Presenteeism is the practice of coming to work despite feeling unwell and it can significantly lower productivity.
There are strategies that an employer can put in place to deal with absenteeism and presenteeism and our absence management training course materials are designed to teach such strategies.
Who Are Our Absence Management Training Course Materials for?
This training package is for corporate or freelance trainers to teach managers how to understand, deal with and prevent absenteeism and presenteeism at work.
Individuals who would benefit from this course include:
- Line managers who need to know how to support their team members when they need to be off and how to deal with and prevent absenteeism.
- HR departments that are in charge of creating policies and strategies to deal with staff absences.
- Small company owners who manage a small team as part of their business.
What Are the Benefits for a Trainer of Teaching Absence Management Workshops?
Absence management is an area that every company has to deal with and which will always be an issue and, therefore, is always topical.
So, this topic is an essential part of any corporate trainer’s portfolio.
In addition to this package, you might also be interested in our 2-hour training course materials on managing the return to work process, which complements this package.
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
This training package provides enough materials to teach a half a day (about 3 hours) workshop.
If you want to provide training for a whole day, the perfect companion for this course is our ‘Managing the Return to Work’ training course materials. This package is aimed at teaching a 2-hour session for managers on how to support employees who come back to work after a long absence.
Other related leadership and staff well-being short sessions include:
- Digital Wellbeing
- Mindfulness at Work (and for Busy People)
- Mental Health Awareness at Work
- SMART Goals and Goals Alignment
- Delegation Skills
These training course materials are suitable both for new managers, to learn how to manage their employees’ absence, and for those who want to refresh their knowledge on this topic.
Course Materials Aim and Objectives
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what absenteeism is and its causes.
✔ Understand presenteeism and its relation with absenteeism.
✔ Implement strategies to reduce absenteeism and presenteeism.
✔ Evaluate ways to measure absence.
✔ Identify the key elements of a well thought out sickness absence policy.
Our training course materials are designed for a trainer to deliver them in a classroom environment.
You can also teach these materials online (and we provide some guidance on how to do so as part of the package).
In addition, the materials are designed in such a way that the course is highly interactive. Actively involving learners is vital for a successful training session, so we have incorporated into these materials plenty of activities and discussions to engage your participants.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Defining absenteeism
- Pinpointing the causes and the effects of absenteeism
- Distinguishing between different types of absences and how to deal with each type
- Defining presenteeism
- Discussing the causes and effects of presenteeism, and its relation with absenteeism
- Distinguishing between positive and negative types of presenteeism and absenteeism
- Trying to assess if and when it might be appropriate to encourage an employee to come to work when sick
- Areas that an employer needs to address to reduce negative presenteeism and absenteeism, and what to do
- Measuring absences, with particular focus on the Bradford factor
- How to interpret the Bradford factor
- The elements to include in a sickness policy
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 39 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 42 page Trainers Notes
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet and pre-course guide)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes spaces for notes and a list of further readings.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £97 (approx. USD$127) to instantly download the full absence management training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Our psychological safety at work training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for leaders on creating an environment in which staff feel safe to speak up. Psychological safety in the workplace is a relatively new concept in business…
Our ‘Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for members of staff and leaders on how to improve emotional intelligence. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English &…
Our Managing Virtual Teams training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers how to lead remote teams. Compared to traditional teams, teams composed of remote workers present specific challenges for leaders. These training course materials on how…
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Rachael Richardson – Trainer Profiles Series - November 22, 2020
- Psychological Safety at Work Icebreaker Exercise Activity - November 16, 2020
- Psychological Safety at Work Training Course Materials - November 14, 2020