The ‘Starting a Home Business’ training course, is designed to help delegates plan what they need to do, to successfully start a business from home. This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Benefits of Starting a Home Business Training Course
If you are a self-employed trainer, you will understand why some people might want to be their own boss and start a home based business.
Being self-employed has its challenges but also its rewards, as it can give you the ability to be in charge of your own time and make your own decisions. In addition, by starting a home business, you will not need to spend time and money commuting.
If you do not commute, you will end up spending more time with your family and/or on your favourite hobbies. If the business is not geographically bound to a specific place, you will even be able to work from anywhere in the world you wish to.
However, running a home-based business is not easy and it presents a series of challenges. This course aims at helping participants address and
Samples from Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Benefits of Running This Course for a Trainer
As a trainer, you may want to run seminars for independent delegates to attend.
A course on starting a business from home is a good topic for a seminar that you can advertise and run independently, as it is common for people to seek new career paths in life.
These days, in particular, the Internet has made it more achievable for people to work from home and manage their own time. Thus, a course on starting a home business has the potential to attract a good amount of interest.
Who Is This Course Intended for?
- This package contains training materials for trainers to provide a 1-day workshop or seminar on starting your own business.
- This course is for those new to self-employment and who are looking to create a small business of their own.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
People who may benefit from this course include, for example:
- Stay at home parents who want to work and be their own bosses, while being able to look after their children.
- People of any age who would like to start a career that allows them to travel or to have a flexible working schedule.
- Individuals who seek to change their career path because they have been made redundant or are simply tired of what they have been doing and would like to pursue their passion.
Beginner and intermediate, i.e. those who are just starting or planning to start a small home-based business and do not have yet much experience in the field.
Course Outline and Objectives
This course will provide those looking to start a home business an overall grounding in the things that need to be considered and how to get started.
This course will cover a range of issues, considerations and provide some invaluable information and ideas to get those who wish to have a small home business of their own started and on the road to success.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Identify a business idea based on their passions and skills.
✔ Research the market to find a niche and develop their business from home.
✔ Discuss the practical, legal and financial issues of a running small home business.
✔ Plan how to build an online presence affordably.
✔ Manage their time and keep motivated.
This is trainer-led but this is quite an interactive course with participants openly invited to input their experience
This course comes with a PowerPoint slide show that provides plenty of learning for the students and which is combined with group discussions, some in-class activities, and other interactive learning methods.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Selecting a business to do from home and considerations.
- Things you need to get set up at home.
- How to research the market and your competitors.
- Finding a business niche.
- Assessing your own resources.
- The legalities such as how to legally start a business.
- Building an online presence affordably.
- How to write a basic business plan.
- Using resources and freelancers worldwide to aid your business.
- Preparing a budget.
- Writing a basic profit and loss report.
- Choosing and dealing with an accountant or managing your own accounts and considerations.
- Managing costs in a home business.
Focus and Motivation
- Understanding why focus is important for success.
- Setting SMART goals.
- How to motivate yourself to work on your business goals.
With This Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 63 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 49-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline and a handout for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
GBP £127 (approx. USD$153) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
SEO training course package and materials for trainers. Help your delegates apply the latest SEO techniques.
Digital marketing training. Course in online marketing with full trainer’s package and course materials. Covers Adwords basics, SEO & content marketing.
Writing for the web training course package for trainers. Train your participants on how to write effective content for websites.
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 8 Things You Need to Consider & Be Aware of if You Want to Be a Freelance Trainer - November 2, 2022
- Interview with Camilla Vander – Communications & Interview Coach - October 31, 2022
- Collaboration Skills Training Course Materials - October 16, 2022