Last Updated on
This course on presentation skills aims at training delegates on how to deliver effective presentations.
Benefits of Presentation Skills Training for Companies and Employees
Being able to give successful presentations is an important skill to have, not only
Learning how to deliver good presentations can also boost confidence and self-esteem for individuals, and improve their employability opportunities. Thus, presentation skills are important for both companies and individuals.
How Would Delivering Presentation Skills Training Benefit You as a Trainer?
Companies will always need courses on how to deliver effective presentations, as this is one of the core soft skills that employees often need to progress in their career.
Also, giving presentations in front of an audience is something that many people dread. Thus, a training programme that can boost their confidence in this area is always needed.
Being able to offer presentation skills training as part of your portfolio as a trainer, means that you will be able to deliver one of the most requested training courses.
Who Is This Product for?
Perfect for teaching anyone who needs to improve their presentation skills, whether it be for presenting at work, for academic conferences, for speeches at weddings and for anyone wanting to improve and hone their skills.
This training package is designed for supporting delegates who are new to delivering presentations, although it can also benefit those who need to refresh their skills.
You might want to buy this package, for example, if you are a:
- Human Resources (HR) department looking to provide training in-house
- Individual and self-employed corporate trainer
- In-House trainer
This package provides the full course materials for a trainer to teach this course as a 1 day workshop.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Managers and team leaders
- Sales staff
- Any employee who would like to deliver presentations for the challenge and the career advancement opportunities
- Self-employed individuals who need to promote their products or services in front of an audience
Beginners and intermediates
Course Outline and Objectives
This course aims at training delegates on how to deliver effective presentations.
As a trainer, you will help delegates identify what makes an effective presentation. A powerful presentation is engaging, well-structured, with a clear focus and delivered with confidence and this is what the participants will gather from this course.
In addition, as a trainer you will guide the participants towards understanding and overcoming their fears around delivering a presentation.
Last but not least, this course aims towards helping learners to develop an inspirational presentation style, so they can motivate their audiences.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the elements of a good presentation
- Identify what should be avoided in order to deliver a great presentation
- Evaluate the attributes of a good presenter
- Develop clear objectives for a presentation
- Plan a presentation
- Structure a presentation in a logical and clear way
- Prepare and practice a presentation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of body language and voice in delivering a presentation
- Use visual aids effectively
This is a trainer-led course that also involves a lot of involvement from the participants.
Participants will be expected to give a 2-minute talk at the end of the course but in a super friendly environment that will aid their confidence and ability to develop their presentation skills.
In addition to lessons from the trainer, there will be a number of classroom activities, group discussions and self-discovery tasks.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
Designing a Good Presentation That Works
- Discussion on what makes a powerful presentation.
- Analysing and illustrating what to do and not to do to deliver effective presentations.
- Using multimedia and considerations.
- Avoiding PowerPoint overkill and creating a balance.
How to Structure a Good Presentation
- Adapting a presentation to your audience.
- Researching your topic.
- Creating a presentation with a logical and clear structure.
- Keeping into consideration the attention span cycles of an audience.
Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- How to add content to PowerPoint and finding materials.
- Creating slides that have an impact.
- Using bullet points.
- Getting the right balance between images and words.
- Use appropriate fonts and colours for clarity.
- Using interactive media.
- How to deal with nerves.
- Body language and personal image.
- Engaging the audience (including how to create rapport and using the voice for effect)
- Audience involvement.
- Timekeeping and perfection.
- Positive presentation style.
- Creating a captivating start and a powerful end for the presentation.
Practical exercise to deliver a short presentation in a supportive environment.
USD$179 (approx. £137)
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 75 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 75-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Tutors checklist
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word (doc and docx version both included), PDF ((in case you do not have Ms Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
This course is designed such that it is perfectly suitable for both American English and British English styles.
We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Paul Symonds PhD
Latest posts by Paul Symonds PhD (see all)
- How To Improve Your Digital Wellness and Training Opportunities - December 12, 2019
- Introduction to Mindfulness Course Materials - November 22, 2019
- Jon Britain – Trainer Profiles Series - November 8, 2019