Page Updated on January 24, 2023
The aim of this ‘writing for the web’ course is to train participants on how to write good content for websites.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Benefits of Learning Good Website Content Writing Practices
The Internet is now a major marketing channel for big and small businesses alike. Therefore, it is more vital than ever to be able to write copy for websites in such a way that content is effective and appealing to potential customers.
At the same time, website copywriting needs to be SEO (search engine optimization) friendly, to help websites rank as high as possible in search engines.
Writing for the web though is not the same as traditional writing. Attention span is different online and also more and more people today browse the web using small mobile devices.
Thus, it is important to keep up to date with these new reading habits by adopting an appropriate writing style, which allows you to capture your target audience’s attention.
Samples from Customizable Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Delivering a ‘Writing for the Web’ Training Course as a Trainer?
Website content writing and SEO copywriting
Thus, being able to train your clients on writing for the web, will allow you to offer something different and new that not many trainers can yet deliver.
Who Is Our ‘Writing for the Web’ Training Package for?
Our Writing for the Web training package for trainers is designed for delegates who:
- Are new to writing content for the web (even though they may be experienced writers in other media), or
- Have already written for the web but need a bit more insight on how to improve their website content writing skills.
You might want to buy this product if you are:
- A self-employed trainer who wants to offer something innovative to his/her clients.
- An HR department or in-house trainer from a company that aims at improving its visibility online.
This package provides the full course materials for a trainer to teach this course as a 1-day workshop.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Staff from marketing departments.
- Academics who would like to improve the visibility of their research output online.
- Self-employed individuals who would like to promote their products or services online.
- Anyone who needs to write content for websites.
During the second half of the day, you could run a practical workshop for participants to work on their own content, based on what they learned during the morning.
Beginners and intermediates
Course Aim and Objectives
This course aims at training participants on how to write good content for websites, with an eye towards copywriting and SEO-related considerations.
As a trainer, as a first step, you will help delegates to understand the difference between writing for the web and writing for other media.
Thereafter, you will guide your participants towards acquiring the skills needed to write website content that
- Easy to read and scroll through
- Appropriate for their target audience
- SEO friendly
This course includes handouts for practical writing exercises.
Alternatively, if learners have already written something, during the course they can work on it to make it more suitable for the web.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Identify the differences between writing for the web and writing offline copy.
- Analyze the differences between good content writing for the web and not so good writing (i.e. pitfalls to avoid).
- Develop the right writing style for their intended audience.
- Use techniques to produce text that is easy to read on computers and on mobile devices screens.
- Identify and use relevant keywords for their copy.
- Implement basic SEO principles as applied to website content writing.
- Implement basic copywriting techniques to grab their audience’s attention.
This presentation skills course package
Additionally, the course includes a practice task for learners to implement the principles they will have learned on their own piece of writing.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Topics That Will Be Covered Include
What Constitutes Good Website Content?
- Analyze the differences between writing online vs offline copy.
- Analyze online texts to understand what to do and not to do when writing for the web.
- Writing for your target audience.
Producing Clear and Well-structured Web Content
- How to use headings and why we need to use them.
- Chunking your content down.
- Using paragraphs.
- Signposting content.
- Using multimedia.
- Techniques for clear writing.
Copywriting Techniques to Attract and Retain Readers
- Writing effective headlines.
- Sequencing your content strategically.
- Using positive and engaging language.
- Including emotion.
- Using keywords correctly.
- Meta tags and title tags.
- Adding links strategically.
The course contains handouts for practical writing exercises.
Alternatively, if participants have already written something before the session, they can check and amend their own articles according to the writing for the web principles.
Fully Customizable Training Package
This package contains fully customizable training material.
Download it immediately and own the rights to edit it and reuse it. You can even brand the materials with your own logo.
Save yourself hours of research and design time, so you can focus on delivering training!
With This Course, Instantly Download
- 45 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
- 34-page Trainers workbook
- Participants workbook
- 9 handouts for practical exercises
- Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline)
- Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
- A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
MS Word files and PowerPoint files are fully customizable for you to adapt the content as you wish.
GBP £75 (approx. USD$95)
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
|Starting a Home Business training course materials. Read more…||SEO training course materials for trainers. Read more…||Qualitative market research course materials. Read more…|
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Tips on How to Unleash Your Staff’s Creative Potential - March 12, 2023
- 10 Tips to Make Employee & Workplace Training More Effective & Productive - March 3, 2023
- 10 Tips on How to Be More Likeable and Appreciated at Work - February 12, 2023