Last Updated on
The aim of this ‘writing for the web’ course is to train participants on how to write good content for websites.
Benefits of Learning Good Website Content Writing Practices
The Internet is now a major marketing channel for big and small businesses alike. Therefore, it is more vital than ever to be able to write copy for websites in such a way that content is effective and appealing for potential customers.
At the same time, website copywriting needs to be SEO (search engine optimisation) friendly, to help websites rank as high as possible in search engines.
Writing for the web though is not the same as traditional writing. Attention span is different online and also more and more people today browse the web using small mobile devices.
Thus, it is important to keep up to date with these new reading habits by adopting an appropriate writing style, which allows you to capture your target audience’s attention.
Delivering a ‘Writing for the Web’ Training Course Benefit You as a Trainer?
Website content writing and SEO copywriting
Thus, being able to train your clients on writing for the web, will allow you to offer something different and new that not many trainers can yet deliver.
Who Is Our ‘Writing for the Web’ Training Package for?
Our Writing for the Web training package for trainers is designed for delegates who:
- Are new to writing content for the web (even though they may be experienced writers in other media), or
- Have already written for the web but need a bit more insight on how to improve their website content writing skills.
You might want to buy this product if you are:
- A self-employed trainer who wants to offer something innovative to his/her clients.
- An HR department or in-house trainer from a company that aims at improving their visibility online.
This package provides the full course materials for a trainer to teach this course as a 1-day workshop.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Staff from marketing departments.
- Academics who would like to improve the visibility of their research output online.
- Self-employed individuals who would like to promote their products or services online.
- Anyone who needs to write content for websites.
During the second half of the day, you could run a practical workshop for participants to work on their own content, based on what they learnt during the morning.
Beginners and intermediates
Course Aim and Objectives
This course aims at training participants on how to write good content for websites, with an eye towards copywriting and SEO related considerations.
As a trainer, as a first step, you will help delegates to understand the difference between writing for the web and writing for other media.
Thereafter, you will guide your participants towards acquiring the skills needed to write website content that
- Easy to read and scroll through
- Appropriate for their target audience
- SEO friendly
This course includes handouts for practical writing exercises.
Alternatively, if learners have already written something, during the course they can work on it to make it more suitable for the web.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Identify the differences between writing for the web and writing offline copy.
- Analyse the differences between good content writing for the web and not so good writing (i.e. pitfalls to avoid).
- Develop the right writing style for their intended audience.
- Use techniques to produce text that is easy to read on computers and on mobile devices screens.
- Identify and use relevant keywords for their copy.
- Implement basic SEO principles as applied to website content writing.
- Implement basic copywriting techniques to grab their audience’s attention.
This presentation skills course package
Additionally, the course includes a practice task for learners to implement the principles they will have learnt on their own piece of writing.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include
What Constitutes Good Website Content?
- Analyse the differences between writing online vs offline copy .
- Analyse online texts to understand what to do and not to do when writing for the web.
- Writing for your target audience.
Producing Clear and Well-structured Web Content
- How to use headings and why we need to use them.
- Chunking your content down.
- Using paragraphs.
- Signposting content.
- Using multimedia.
- Techniques for clear writing.
Copywriting Techniques to Attract and Retain Readers
- Writing effective headlines.
- Sequencing your content strategically.
- Using positive and engaging language.
- Including emotion.
- Using keywords correctly.
- Meta tags and title tags.
- Adding links strategically.
The course contains handouts for practical writing exercises.
Alternatively, if participants have already written something before the session, they can check and amend their own articles according to the writing for the web principles.
Samples from Customizable Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
Fully Customizable Training Package
This package contains fully customizable training material.
Download it immediately and own the rights to edit it and reuse it. You can even brand the materials with your own logo.
Save yourself hours of research and design time, so you can focus on delivering training!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
With This Course, Instantly Download
- 45 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
- 32-page Trainers workbook
- Participants workbook
- 9 handouts for practical exercises
- Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline)
- Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
MS Word files and PowerPoint files are fully customizable for you to adapt the content as you wish.
Latest posts by Valeria Symonds PhD (see all)
- SMART Goals and Goals Alignment Training Materials - August 8, 2019
- How to Make Training Workshops Engaging, Interactive and Fun for Adult Learners in the Workplace - July 27, 2019
- Unconscious Bias Training Materials - July 27, 2019