Last Updated on
This one-to-one Train the Trainer e-learning course aims at helping teachers and trainers plan and deliver effective lessons. This is a great online freelance or corporate trainer training course and you can start immediately.
This is a course to do in your own time and at your own pace.
Are you a self-employed or in-house trainer who would like to improve your training skills? Would you like to learn in your own time and at your own pace?
Then, this online Train the Trainer course is for you.
Why Do We Need to Train the Trainer in Teaching?
When I (Valeria, founder and owner of Symonds Training & Research) first started teaching at
How wrong I was! Teaching involves a whole unique set of skills. By knowing my topic and knowing how to present it, I was only halfway there!
As I was thrown into the deep end, I had to learn by trial and error until I could attend a couple of formal training courses for teachers.
These courses, together with
In designing this ‘train the trainer’ course (specifically aimed at those who teach adults), I have drawn on my teaching knowledge and experience to help you in your own professional development as a trainer.
Introduction to Your Online Trainer
Dr Valeria Lo Iacono (Symonds) is your trainer for this online course.
Valeria’s experience includes:
- Teaching at the University of Bath and Cardiff Metropolitan University (both UK)
- Teaching at the Korean University of foreign Studies
- Research Fellow at Exeter University (UK)
- Achieved a PhD in dance as a form of cultural heritage (you can also learn more about Valeria here).
How Can This Course Benefit You as a Trainer?
You may be starting now as a self-employed trainer or as part of an in-house training team for a company, and you would like to feel more confident about teaching.
You may be someone who is very knowledgeable about a certain area or topic and would like to share your knowledge with other people. However, you have never taught before and would like to understand what teaching entails.
You may be a new lecturer and asked as I was, to teach a variety of topics very soon but you do not have much teaching experience.
You feel you need some support before you start your job, but the next scheduled training session for teaching staff at your institution is not due to take place until the next term.
Or, you may already have some teaching experience but you feel that you need some new ideas and inspiration.
So, would you like a multimedia course that you can do in your own time, at your own pace, wherever you are.
Our train the trainer course is based on tried and tested teaching theories, explained in an easy way and with a lot of practical activities, tips, and suggestions. The format includes videos, downloadable print-outs, and exercises, all accessible online.
Who Is Our Train the Trainer Online Course for?
Whatever your area of teaching (e.g. arts such as dancing or drawing; practical skills such as plumbing or health and safety; theoretical topics such as languages or philosophy; corporate training topics such as marketing or soft skills) this course can help you!
Our online ‘Train the Trainer’ course is suitable for a variety of professions, who teach adults, such as:
- Self-employed trainers who target the corporate sector
- Teachers and trainers in a variety of areas, including the arts, languages and other theoretical and practical skills
- In-house trainers or teams of trainers who work for companies big or small
- Academics who have recently started teaching
- Anyone who wants to share their knowledge in a specific topic or area
- Anyone looking for corporate trainer training.
You may want to buy this course if you are:
- A self-employed trainer or instructor who would like to learn more about teaching techniques and practices.
- An HR or training department for a company, wanting to develop their own trainers on an individual basis. This course could be used instead of or complementary to a class delivered train the trainer course package.
- You can take as long or as little as you want to study this course.
- Once you buy access, all the material is available online for you permanently. So, you can go as slowly or as fast as you wish and you can revisit any topic you want as many times as you need to.
- The course also includes all future updates to the course.
- Beginners and intermediates
The train the trainer online course uses an online platform.
It includes videos with presentations, downloadable material and tasks and guided suggestions for learners to practise what is covered during the course.
Course Aim and Objectives
This train the trainer e-learning course is centred around the idea that a trainer needs to be a facilitator, rather than simply delivering knowledge.
The course will cover topics such as the principles of adult learning, how to keep your learners actively engaged, how to plan and deliver a lesson, how to learn from your own practice through reflection.
This training course will also provide you with some tips and ideas on activities you can run during the sessions, and the logistics of how to facilitate these activities.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Identify what motivates adults to learn.
- Employ techniques to engage their participants and help them retain, understand and critically analyse information.
- Construct a comfortable and friendly learning environment.
- Make use of teaching methods that address a variety of learning styles.
- Use feedback as a teaching tool and as a way to improve their own teaching strategies.
- Choose strategies to deal with difficult learners.
- Plan their continuous development based on teaching practice.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include
How Do Adults Learn?
- Principles of adult learning.
- Understanding motivation.
- How to cater for different learning styles.
How to Plan Courses and Lessons
- Writing a lesson plan.
- Setting aims and objectives.
- Structuring a lesson.
- Deciding whether to design a course or buy an off the shelf training package.
Setting up a Productive Learning Environment
- Preparing the physical learning environment.
- Creating a mentally supportive training environment.
Engaging Learners and Help Them Remember and Understand Information
- Being an engaging presenter by using your body language, your voice and the space surrounding you to your advantage.
- Choosing and using classroom activities.
Dealing with Challenges and Setbacks
- Dealing with difficult learners.
- Getting delegates back on time from breaks.
- Getting participants’ attention back after activities.
- Answering difficult questions.
- Dealing with last-minute problems.
Assessment and Feedback
- Types of assessment.
- The importance of giving feedback to your participants.
- How to get meaningful feedback from your participants.
Your Development as a Trainer and Teacher
- Writing a self-development diary.
- Employing the 4 steps of the learning cycle for your own development.
- Setting up a personal development plan.
- Using feedback gathered from your learners constructively.
GBP £125 (incl. vat).
Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
If within 7 days from purchase, you think that you are not satisfied with the product (i.e. the product did not give you any tools with which to improve your teaching style), we will give you a full refund.