This SMART goals training materials package is designed for trainers to deliver a session on how to set SMART goals, and how to make sure that the individual employees’ goals are aligned with the goals of the company as a whole.
This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Benefits as a Trainer of Teaching SMART Goals Alignment
The idea of SMART goals is widely employed in corporate training sessions. You can teach how to set SMART objectives as part of soft skills training sessions such as time management and of personal development courses such as starting your own small business.
In addition, this particular course also covers the strategic alignment of individuals’ and companies’ goals. Thus, it presents a different approach to the topic of SMART objectives, which can add variety to your training offer.
This SMART goals training materials package is only about 2 hours long. So, it is ideal for training managers and supervisors who are too busy to attend a full-day course but who can still benefit from attending formal training sessions.
You can teach a short course such as this one on its own or as part of a series of sessions on management and leadership.
Sample training course materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Benefits for Learners of Training on How to Set SMART Goals Alignment?
The ability to set SMART objectives can be beneficial for individuals both at work and in their personal life. This SMART goals training materials package though is specifically designed for companies.
SMART is an acronym that stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. SMART goals, therefore, follow a specific framework, which means that every objective set needs to be: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Following this framework makes it easier for people to achieve their goals because they will be able to visualize them better and work towards a specific timeline.
If a goal is fuzzy, generic, and does not have a timeframe, it is too easy to feel demotivated and procrastinate, as the goal is not clear. If there is not a time limit, it is tempting to keep postponing doing what it takes to achieve a goal. Also, there is room for misunderstanding if a goal is not clearly set.
The advantages of setting SMART goals are:
- It increases motivation
- It is better for focus
- Objectives are accountable
In addition to teaching how to set SMART objectives, this customizable training materials package includes how to align the goals of individual employees with those of a company as a whole.
This process of strategic alignment means that each employee and each team, department or division within an organization, as well as the organization as a whole, work towards achieving the same overall results.
If the goals of the individual employees and of the teams are not in sync with the overall organization’s goals, this leads to a waste of energy, time, and resources.
This SMART goals training materials package teaches how to set goals that are beneficial both for the employees (for their motivation and personal growth) and for the company.
Who Is This SMART Goals Alignment Training Package for?
This short course is mainly for people who have managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
Being able to set SMART goals at every level of the organization and make sure they are aligned by cascading the goals down is central in developing strategic alignment for the company.
Understanding strategic alignment principles is important in order to achieve better business performance results. Aligning goals is part of the strategic alignment process.
In addition, knowing how to foster and develop staff in line with the overall strategy of the organization is important to increase staff motivation, sense of purpose, and feeling of appreciation.
People who may benefit from this course include:
- Supervisors and line managers who set performance reviews for members of their team through 1-to-1 meetings.
- Team leaders or heads of departments to understand how to link the goals of the department with those of each employee and those of the company as a whole.
- Managers with a high level of responsibility in organizations, to understand the importance of cascading the vision and goals of the company to all members of staff.
You can, however, extend the duration to up to 3 hours, depending on the number of delegates and the time you want to spend on each discussion.
You can also run this course as part of a series of sessions on management, leadership, and coaching.
Beginners. This course is for those who are new to the idea of goal alignments and/or SMART objectives.
Course Outline and Objectives
This course aims at explaining:
- The importance of goals alignment
- How to set SMART objectives
- How to align SMART goals in practice
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Discuss what goal alignment is and why it is important
✔ Develop SMART goals
✔ Implement goal alignment
Delivery Method of the SMART Goals Training Materials Package
This training materials package is designed to be delivered in a classroom environment with you, as a trainer, guiding the session.
The training package though includes a lot of activities and discussions so that the learners will feel actively engaged.
The colorful PowerPoint slides appeal to the visual learner, while activities provide a hands-on approach.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Will Be Covered Include:
- Discussing what goal alignment is and why it is important.
- Setting SMART goals with real-life examples
- How to implement the alignment of SMART goals within an organization, including how to use 1-to-1 meetings and performance reviews for this purpose.
With This Course, Instantly Download:
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
✔ 24 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 24-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, and one handout for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
GBP £89 (approx. USD$109) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
These ‘Absence Management’ training course materials are designed for corporate trainers to teach managers how to reduce absenteeism and presenteeism. This training package covers topics such as the causes of presenteeism and absenteeism, absence management…
These ‘Managing the Return to Work Process’ training course materials are designed for corporate trainers to teach line managers how to support employees who are returning to work after a long absence. The teaching pack covers topics such as running a return to work…
- How Can I Present My PowerPoint Presentation and View Notes on the Monitor While Presenting - September 18, 2023
- What Is Allyship in the Workplace & 7 Stages of the Allyship Journey – Examples and Techniques - August 27, 2023
- What Is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) and the Benefits? - August 21, 2023