These ‘Self-Confidence Building for Adults‘ training course materials are for trainers to help their students build confidence, self-esteem and self-belief at work and in their personal life.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Confidence Building Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
Importance of Confidence at Work and in Life
Self-confidence is important as it allows you to fulfil your potential in life. Some benefits of having a high level of self-confidence include:
- Less anxiety – Being more self-confident means that you will be able to deal better with your inner critic, that voice in your head that causes self-doubt and says that you cannot do something.
- More motivation – A confident person is more likely to step outside their comfort zone and expand their limits. The more you step outside your comfort zone and succeed, the more motivated you will become.
- Better ability to deal with setbacks – A self-confident person does not let failures affect their self-worth. Instead, they take each setback as a challenge and as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Better relationships with others – A person who lacks self-confidence is usually focused on their own faults and limitations, and on what other people may think about them. This can lead to self-obsession. Conversely, if you are confident, rather than focusing on yourself, you will be more open towards others as you will feel more relaxed, rather than constantly comparing yourself to other people.
- Better ability to deal with criticism – If you are self-confident, you are less likely to take any criticism personally and go on the defensive. Instead, you will take on board any constructive ideas for improvement and discard the rest.
Training your employees to build their self-confidence in the workplace will have benefits for your company as self-confident workers are more likely to:
- Work better as a team
- Deal better with conflict
- Take feedback on board
- Have good communication skills
- Be more productive
- Be happier at work and less likely to leave
- Embrace change and innovation
- Influence others
- Be better leaders
- Deal more assertively with customers, providers and business partners
Our ‘Self-Confidence Building for Adults‘ training course materials are designed to help your employees and your training participants develop their self-belief, so they can express their full potential.
Why Is It a Good Idea for You, as a Trainer, to Teach a Workshop on Developing Self-Confidence?
Personal development is an area in which there is great interest these days.
People like to feel empowered, particularly at a time when it has become commonplace to change career path at any stage in life. Self-development has become ever more important to help us deal with a fast-changing world.
Also, companies are becoming increasingly aware of the importance to support their employees’ wellbeing to make sure they are happy at work, which improves productivity and lowers staff turnover.
So, it is good idea to add self-confidence development as part of your training portfolio.
Other related training course materials, which focus on personal development and which you may be interested in include:
- Resilience in the Workplace
- Life Planning and Goal Setting
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Emotional Intelligence
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are These Training Course Materials for?
This training materials package is for freelance or corporate trainers to teach participants strategies to develop their self-confidence at work and in life in general.
The materials are for you to teach in a classroom environment (either in person or virtually).
You may want to buy our inclusive leadership training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to increase their offer of personal development teaching.
- An HR department, which has been asked to address confidence-building issues in the workplace.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
- Employees at any level who need a confidence boost to feel more motivated and have more belief in their abilities to achieve and succeed.
- Leaders and team managers who could benefit from bolstering their self-confidence to better fulfil their leadership potential.
- Any individual who would like to enhance their self-confidence to achieve their goals, be happier and lead a more satisfying life.
1 day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course as virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2 hours’ modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if need be.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of this course training package is to help participants understand how to build their confidence and self-esteem, and teach them confidence-building strategies.
These training course materials are designed to teach anyone who would like to develop their self-confidence. However, they are not meant as a replacement for professional psychological support for those who suffer from very low levels of self-esteem and/or from depression.
If this is the case for any of your participants, the information in this package can provide useful tools for them, but they will need to use this information in conjunction with support by mental health professionals.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Discover what self-confidence is and why it is important.
✔ Identify the things that affect self-confidence.
✔ Apply strategies to build your self-confidence.
✔ Appreciate the importance of setting goals to build self-confidence, and develop a goal setting strategy.
This course is designed for a trainer to deliver it to a group of people in a classroom.
You can also use the materials to teach online, via Zoom or other conference software or learning management systems, as the Word documents and PowerPoint slides can easily be used for distance learning. We also provide, as part of the package, tips and advice on how to run the activities virtually.
Even though the course is designed to be trainer-led, we have made sure that the materials contain a variety of activities (including discussions, questions and answers, and handouts to fill) to keep the participants engaged.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
What Self-Confidence Iis and Why It Is Important
- Characteristics of confident people
- Myths about self-confidence
- Definitions of the expressions self-confidence, self-efficacy, self-belief and self-esteem
- The connection between self-confidence and self-esteem
- Discovering the importance of self-confidence in your life
Things That Affect Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem
- The confidence chain effect
- The connection between thoughts, emotions, body and behaviours
Strategies and Ideas to Build Self-Confidence
- Building on achievements
- The importance of positivity
- Challenging negative automatic thoughts (or your inner critic)
- Positive affirmations
- Using social support
- Seeking and receiving feedback as a confident person
- Dealing with criticism as a confident person
- How to use body language and physicality to feel and appear confident
Setting Goals for Self-Confidence
- Why setting goals is important to improve confidence
- Strategies for setting goals effectively
- Using positive language that increases motivation
- Confidence building action plan
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 55 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 65 page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ Four handouts for confidence building activities.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £137 (approx. USD$179) to instantly download the full Self-Confidence training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
These ‘Stress Management’ training course materials are for trainers to run workshops on how to manage and relieve stress. The materials also include a section on managing stress in the workplace. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English…
Our ‘Building Resilience in the Workplace’ training course materials are designed for corporate trainers to teach participants how to develop personal resilience and how to improve resilience in the workplace. This training package is: Fully customizable and…
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Benefits of Training Employees and Why Workplace Training is Needed - June 8, 2021
- What Is Human Capital Management - May 27, 2021
- 7 Tips on How to Design Teaching Materials on PowerPoint for Employee Training - April 29, 2021