Our ‘Problem-Solving in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run sessions on how to solve fairly complex problems at work. These materials are suitable to train leaders, managers, and employees at any level.
The materials guide the participants through a seven steps problem-solving process and introduce them to some useful techniques (some creative and some more analytical) they can apply to help them find solutions to their problems.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Are Problem-Solving Skills Important in the Workplace?
Problem-solving skills are important to have in the workplace for individuals, teams, managers, and the organization as a whole for many reasons.
Problem-solving skills are important for individual employees because being good at problem-solving might increase their level of engagement and job satisfaction.
Solving problems successfully supports the feeling of a job well done and makes employees proud of their achievements. As a result, employees will be likely to feel happier in their job and more engaged.
For the team, collaborative problem-solving is likely to improve efficiency, collaboration, bonding of team members with each other, and conflict resolution (as they will be more likely to approach conflicts in the same way as problems that can be solved).
Problem-solving skills for leaders and managers are important to help them deal with challenges. In addition, a leader who is good at problem-solving is better at creativity and innovation and can also encourage their team members to think creatively.
Finally, for the organization as a whole, promoting a problem-solving attitude amongst its employees is likely to help it achieve high levels of competitiveness, productivity, and innovation.
Our ‘Problem-Solving in the Workplace’ training course materials are designed to help employees and managers problem-solve effectively and apply a variety of problem-solving strategies.
Why Should You, as a Trainer Offer Workshops on Problem Solving at Work?
Problem-solving is one of the classic training topics for the workplace, which companies will always need.
As a trainer, you might want to be able to offer such an important and always relevant subject as part of your portfolio, in addition to any new and emerging topics.
Other classic topics aimed at improving efficiency and productivity in the workplace, which you might also want to offer, include:
- Time management
- Trust building
- Collaboration skills
- Employee engagement
- Influencing skills
- Coaching skills for managers
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are Our Problem-Solving in the Workplace Training Materials for?
These ‘Problem-Solving in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to deliver workshops and training sessions to managers and employees on developing a problem-solving mindset and applying practical techniques to solve problems at work.
You may want to buy these training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to offer problem-solving training to his/her customers.
- An HR department that wants to help develop a problem-solving mindset in an organization.
Individuals who will benefit from a workshop on problem-solving skills include:
- Leaders and managers to develop their problem-solving skills, in order to deal with challenges at work.
- Employees and team members to improve both their individual and their collaborative problem-solving abilities.
- Self-employed individuals, who would like to find out more about problem-solving strategies and techniques.
1 day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course in virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2-hour modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if you need to.
These materials are suitable to train anyone who is new to problem-solving and those who would like to refresh their problem-solving skills.
Materials Outline and Objectives
The aims of these course materials are to help participants:
- adopt a positive mindset to problem-solving;
- use a systematic approach to solving problems when needed;
- and apply both creative and rational problem-solving techniques.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Discover what problem-solving is and its importance in the workplace.
✔ Identify the obstacles to effective problem-solving.
✔ Develop a structured approach to problem-solving and use problem-solving techniques.
✔ Reflect on their future approach to problem-solving after this session.
The course materials are designed for a trainer to deliver the course in a classroom setting (either in person or virtually).
However, we strongly believe that participants learn better if they are actively engaged.
So, we have made sure that the materials include plenty of activities, discussions, and other opportunities for learners to participate actively.
Topics That Will Be Covered Include:
What Problem-Solving Is and Its Importance
- Definition of a problem
- Change of perspective from a negative to a proactive and more positive view of dealing with problems
- The importance of problem-solving in the workplace
The Obstacles to Effective Problem-Solving
- Problem-solving myths
- Obstacles to problem-solving such as confirmation bias, groupthink, satisficing, and more.
Problem-Solving Strategies and Techniques
- 7 steps to problem-solving
- Types of problems
- Problem identification techniques
- Goal visualization
- Techniques for finding causes, including the fishbone and why-why diagrams
- Creative problem-solving techniques to generate ideas, including brainstorming and using analogies
- Decision-making techniques to choose the best solution, including pros and cons analysis and the weighted decision matrix
- Tips on how to implement and review a solution
Moving forward after the Training Session
- Thinking about your future problem-solving approach
- Summary of points to take away
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 55 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 89-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ Five activities handouts, which include scenarios and templates for class activities.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
British GBP £127 (approx. USD$159)
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Time is something we could all do with more of in business. This is a very popular training package to teach!
Training materials providing all you need, as a trainer, to teach a short course on practical mindfulness in the workplace and for busy people.
Starting a home business trainer’s package materials for teaching seminars and workshops in how to build a home business. Dealing with taxes, marketing etc.
- How Can I Present My PowerPoint Presentation and View Notes on the Monitor While Presenting - September 18, 2023
- What Is Allyship in the Workplace & 7 Stages of the Allyship Journey – Examples and Techniques - August 27, 2023
- What Is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) and the Benefits? - August 21, 2023