Last Updated on
Our ‘mindfulness at work for busy people training materials’ provides enough content for trainers to run a short 2 hours workshop on how to fit mindfulness practices in people’s busy schedules, both at work and in their private life.
These materials are designed for a short, compact and to the point course on mindfulness in the workplace and for busy people.
If you would like to run a more in-depth 1-Day course, check our >> Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course Materials.
This off-the-shelf corporate training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the training course materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Is Mindfulness Training in the Workplace Important?
Providing mindfulness training for your employees at work is important for a variety of reasons.
- Staff’s well-being – We know how hard it is to recruit and train new employees. That’s why it is important to keep staff turnover to a minimum and a way to do so is by providing staff with a working environment that promotes their health and well-being. Mindfulness helps people relax and feel more content.
- Better social relationships – The practice of mindfulness helps people develop a greater sense of empathy and of compassion towards themselves and others. As a result, people manage to get along better and deal with conflict in a more constructive way.
- Improved ability to focus – As mindfulness revolves around focus and attention, practising mindfulness can help staff focus better on the task at hand.
- Increased resilience – Mindfulness improves resilience by stopping negative thoughts from taking over people’s attention. As a result, staff who practise mindfulness can feel more in control of their thoughts and emotions and put things into perspective without getting unduly stressed.
- Improved task performance – Being able to focus better on the task at hand means that staff can more easily enter a state of flow while performing a task, which improves productivity without increasing stress.
- Increased creativity – Staff who are more relaxed and focused can more easily allow their creativity to flow.
Training staff on mindfulness can, therefore, be a great investment for a company that cares about their staff well-being.
Our mindfulness at work for busy people training materials provide content for a short but effective and to the point session, that can be delivered without taking up too much of your staff’s working time.
Our corporate training materials are classroom-ready, so you can use them as they are to teach, saving you a lot of time in research, materials design and lesson planning.
At the same time, the training materials are completely editable, so you can adapt them as you wish to your and your audience’s needs. Our corporate training materials are downloadable immediately after purchase and yours to keep and use forever.
Benefits for offering this course as a freelance or corporate trainer
More and more companies are becoming aware of the importance of retaining their staff and, to do so, of looking after their employees’ well-being. So, being able to provide training on wellness and well-being can be a great selling point for you as a corporate or freelance trainer.
Our ‘mindfulness in the workplace’ training course materials provides a lesson plan and content to allow you to deliver a short and to the point workshop on mindfulness for busy people.
The course is designed to last two hours, so even staff who have little time available for training can attend and still get some useful advice on activities that they can carry out immediately as part of their daily routine.
If you would like to run a full-day course on mindfulness, you may be interested in our Introduction to Mindfulness Training Course Materials, which provide enough content for a full-day workshop on mindfulness.
Alternatively, you can teach for one full day by combining the short Mindfulness at Work & for Busy People training course with another one of our short courses on wellness such as Digital Wellbeing, Mental Health Awareness at Work, Menopause Awareness at Work or Environmental Awareness in the Workplace.
Who Are Our Mindfulness at Work (for busy people) Training Materials Intended for?
This mindfulness at work for busy people training materials package is aimed at anybody who would like to practice mindfulness and who would benefit from it, but does not have much time to spend on lengthy meditation sessions, or who feels a bit intimidated by the idea of meditating.
The course we have designed focuses on the practice of informal mindfulness. Formal mindfulness can be associated with the practice of meditation, while informal mindfulness consists in carrying out normal everyday activities in a mindful way.
As such, informal mindfulness can be easily incorporated into a busy person’s life without requiring them to allocate time for formal meditation.
So, this course allows busy people or those who are new to mindfulness to become better acquainted with mindfulness and start practising in an informal way before maybe considering formal meditation.
Likewise, this course can be beneficial for those who are already familiar with formal mindfulness and would like to complement their formal practice with some informal mindfulness activities that are easy to apply as part of their daily routine.
In addition, informal mindfulness can be particularly useful for introducing mindfulness at work, because informal mindfulness activities can be easily carried out in the workplace. Staff can practise at their desk, or during a short coffee break, for example.
Also, informal mindfulness can make people aware that mindfulness is not simply a discipline but it is a mindset and a way of life that influences everything we do and the way we look at the world.
Who Could Benefit from Attending a Mindfulness in the Workplace Training Course?
People who could benefit from attending a short course on mindfulness in the workplace and for busy people can include:
- Managers who are stressed and short of time and would benefit from re-focusing and relaxing.
- Team members, to improve their sense of compassion and, as a result, their relationships with other people in the team.
- Any employee who would like to be more relaxed and focused and become more self-aware.
- Team leaders to understand the importance of a good work-life balance for them and their team members.
- Self-employed people to improve their sense of focus, motivation, and resilience.
- University students to cope better with the challenges and stress of university life.
In this training materials package, there is enough to teach a short course, to last about 2 hours.
As a corporate or freelance trainer, you can run this session on the same day as other health and wellbeing short sessions about topics such as digital wellbeing, the menopause and mental health and environmental awareness.
If you would like to run a full day course about mindfulness, we also offer a training materials package for trainers to deliver a more in-depth Introduction to Mindfulness 1-day workshop.
This training course materials package is suitable to teach both people who would like a very brief introduction to mindfulness in a practical way, and those who are familiar with mindfulness but would like some guidance on how to fit mindfulness practices into their busy schedules (both at work and in their private life).
Outline and Objectives of Our Off-the-shelf Training Materials
The aim of this off-the-shelf customizable training course materials package is to give participants some guidance on how to fit mindfulness practices in their busy schedules, both at work and in their private life.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what mindfulness is and the difference between formal and informal mindfulness
✔ Discuss how mindfulness can help them
✔ Practice informal mindfulness exercises as part of their daily activities
Delivery Method for Our Corporate Training Materials
This training package is designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom environment to a group of participants face-to-face.
Although the teaching materials are designed to be trainer-led, there are plenty of opportunities for participants to learn in an active way.
So, the training course materials include opportunities for discussions (in pairs, in small groups and with the whole class) and practical mindfulness exercises to be carried out in the classroom and then discussed among the participants.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Definition of mindfulness
- Difference between formal and informal mindfulness
- The practical benefits of mindfulness, both at work and in one’s personal life
- Discussion and guidance on informal mindfulness practices
- Informal mindfulness plan
✔ 24 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 24-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook (which includes a list of suggested readings for future reference)
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet and course outline)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ One script to guide participants through a breathing meditation activity
✔ Two handouts for class exercises
✔ Pre-course preparation guide
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £85 (approx. USD$115) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Presentations Skills Training Course Package that aims at training delegates on how to deliver effective presentations.
Starting a home business trainer’s package materials for teaching seminars and workshops in how to build a home business. Dealing with taxes, marketing etc.
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Managing the Return to Work Process Training Course Materials - July 13, 2020
- 21 Free Fun IceBreakers for Online Teaching, Students & Virtual and Remote Teams - June 7, 2020
- Unconscious (Anti) Bias Training Materials - June 1, 2020