This is a training program that is designed for both men and women. This course aims to help employees such as managers and team leaders to better understand how they can support those going through menopause. This course is especially useful for teaching male managers and staff.
The menopause awareness course materials have been developed by Dr Valeria Symonds, PhD, in line with current guidance by the British, Australasian, North American and International Menopause Societies.
Our menopause awareness at work training course materials is about awareness of menopause and support for employees. So, the aim is to make people aware of the issues that women who go through the menopause can face, and how these can affect the way they work.
Also, the course is aimed at line managers, HR and all other employees to find out how they can support women at work who go through this phase in their lives, and to women employees themselves, to make them aware of the fact that they can seek support if needed.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the training course materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Training Staff on Menopause Awareness at Work Is Important
Women over 40 are an ever-growing portion of the workforce (the fastest-growing portion in the UK, according to a UK government report).
At least 8 out 10 of the menopausal women in the UK are at work, according to the Faculty of Occupational Medicine. This is the case in the UK, at least, and it is very likely to be the case in other countries around the world as more women work, our life expectancy is becoming longer and we retire later and later.
Women, on average, go through the menopause between the age of 45 and 54 but symptoms can start earlier, during what is called perimenopause and last up to 10 years. Some women can experience the menopause earlier, due to natural causes or to medical interventions. Some women as early as in their 20s.
Not all women experience symptoms but it is estimated that 3 in 4 do and 1 in 4 experience quite severe symptoms.
Unfortunately, until recently, the menopause has been a topic that many people have felt uncomfortable to talk about for a variety of reasons, so women did not seek help. This means that up to a quarter of women going through the menopause consider leaving their jobs, as they cannot adjust.
So, why does it make sense for organizations to support women at work who are going through the menopause and raise awareness of this issue?
1. Women over 40 constitute a big percentage of the workforce population.
2. Women over 40 have a lot to contribute to the economy, thanks to their life experience and wisdom; the skills that they have developed over many years of working, as well as being still very motivated.
3. There are legal reasons as well. An employee who is discriminated against because of her menopausal symptoms can sue her employee. Cases have already been won in the UK, where the menopause is covered by the Equality Act 2010 under disability, gender, and age.
4. It makes sense from the point of view of staff retention. Finding and retaining staff is expensive, so it is better to do everything possible to minimize staff turnover.
5. Providing a supportive environment, where people are happy to work, is a good thing in general for any company or organization.
Raising awareness about an issue is the best way to lift any possible stigma and to make sure that staff are supported and are not afraid to seek help.
This is the same for the menopause, this is why raising awareness about the menopause through training is a great way to change attitudes. Our menopause awareness at work training course materials aims at achieving this.
Why this is a good course to offer as a trainer
So, as a trainer, these are areas that will be very useful for you to include in your teaching portfolio, to keep it fresh and relevant to today’s needs in society.
In particular, training courses on menopause awareness at work will become more relevant, as more and more companies realize the importance of this topic.
Already some large organizations in the UK have started programs to raise awareness of menopause at work and increase support. These include, for example, Nottinghamshire Police and the University of Leicester.
Our off-the-shelf menopause awareness training course materials are completely editable and customizable, for you to adapt the course to yours and your clients’ needs.
Who Are Our Menopause Awareness at Work Training Course Materials Intended for?
This menopause awareness in the workplace training materials package is intended for any type of organization.
The course training materials are suitable for teaching both managers and team members. Also, the course is suitable for teaching both women and men in the workplace so they become aware of the issues surrounding menopause.
Please note that the course does NOT include any medical advice.
We have decided to not include any medical advice in our menopause awareness in the workplace training materials because this is for medical professionals to give.
Instead, the course materials focus on helping participants become aware of what the menopause is and its symptoms; why it is important to raise awareness of the menopause at work and how companies can support their employees.
We have provided a list of resources, as part of the participants’ workbook, for you and your participants to find out more if desired.
Who Could Benefit from This Menopause Awareness Training Package?
There are a number of people who would benefit from attending an ‘awareness of the menopause at work’ training session. These include:
- Line managers, whose direct reports include or will include women who go through the menopause.
- HR departments, to better understand how they can adjust the organization’s policy to include the menopause.
- High-level managers, to understand how issues to do with the menopause in the workplace can impact on the organization’s policies, ethics, and general direction.
- Employees and team members who are or will be going through the menopause to become aware of where they can get support.
- All the other employees to be more sympathetic towards their colleagues, who might be suffering from the symptoms of menopause.
- This is a short course, that is designed to last up to 2 hours.
If you are a freelance trainer, you can run this session on the same day as other short sessions on related topics (focusing on health and/or equality issues) such as unconscious bias or mental health awareness in the workplace.
These off-the-shelf corporate training materials on menopause awareness are for all those who would like to know more about the topic to support their employees and colleagues and/or seek support.
Outline and Objectives of These Off-the-shelf Training Materials
The aim of this training package is to help raise awareness of menopause issues in the workplace and how to deal with team members who need support.
The training materials encourage discussions on why it is important to support women at work who go through the menopause, why we need to address the stigma surrounding it and what organizations can do to support their employees.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Understand what the menopause is and how it can affect women’s lives
✔ Outline why it is important to raise awareness of the menopause in the workplace
✔ Identify ways to support women at work who go through the menopause
This menopause at work training materials package for trainers is designed to be run as a teacher-led, face-to-face session.
However, the focus is on involving participants through discussions, activities and questions and answers, rather than on the trainer lecturing the participants.
So, the training course materials include exercises and discussion points to make sure that the participants are actively involved in learning.
Our training course materials on menopause at work awareness are designed to include everything you will need, as a trainer, to run this course.
We have done the research, the lesson plan, integrated the teaching points with the activities and designed the slides, so you do not have to do all this preparatory work.
You can, nevertheless, edit our off-the-shelf training materials as you wish to adapt them to your needs and add your logo.
Once bought, the course training materials are for you to edit and use as you wish without a time limit.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Menopause definitions
- Symptoms of the menopause
- The importance of raising awareness of the menopause in the workplace
- Advice for managers, HR, and employees
- No medical advice is given, but a list of further resources is provided
Who Designed Our Menopause Awareness at Work Training Course Materials?
The menopause awareness course materials have been developed by Dr Valeria Symonds, PhD.
Dr Symonds is an experienced researcher who has worked for universities in the UK and who feels strongly about the menopause, being a middle-aged woman who has become very interested in this topic, for her own benefit.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
With These Menopause Awareness Training Materials, Instantly Download:
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
✔ 29 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 20-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline and one handout for classroom activities)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
GBP £85 (approx. USD$115) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…
This ‘Accessibility Compliance & Audits for Public Spaces’ training course materials package contains the materials you will need to teach participants about accessibility issues for public spaces and enable them to carry out accessibility audits to make their…
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace Training Course Materials - October 4, 2020
- Building Resilience in the Workplace Training Course Materials - September 21, 2020
- Unconscious (Anti) Bias Training Materials - September 8, 2020