Our Managing Virtual Teams training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers how to lead remote teams.
Compared to traditional teams, teams composed of remote workers present specific challenges for leaders. These training course materials on how to manage a virtual team are designed to help managers address these challenges.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Managing Virtual Teams Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
What Are the Benefits of Learning How to Manage a Virtual Team?
Modern communication technologies and globalization have changed the way many people work. These days, thanks to the Internet, we can communicate more easily and more quickly than ever before with people from all over the world.
New communication technologies have also allowed more and more people to work remotely, giving rise to the virtual workplace.
Allowing staff to work remotely has a lot of advantages, including allowing employees to have more flexible work arrangements, being able to access talent from all over the world, saving money on paying for office space, saving time and money commuting, and helping to support the environment due to less travel.
However, there are also challenges in working remotely and in managing a virtual workforce. Some of these challenges are part of managing any team but other challenges are specific to virtual teams.
As remote work arrangements are a relatively new phenomenon, many managers are not yet used to managing virtual teams. So, a training session on managing remote employees is very useful for any manager who would like to be ready to lead remote teams effectively.
Our managing remote team’s training course materials are specifically designed to teach managers how to manage their virtual team.
This corporate training package on managing remote workers covers topics such as how to tackle challenges like trust, communication, logistics, and motivation in managing remote workers.
Who Is Our Managing Virtual Teams Training Package for?
Our course materials are designed for corporate and freelance trainers who want to teach leadership skills.
You may want to buy our managing virtual teams training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to offer something different to his/her customers.
- An HR department, which needs to support managers who have been put in charge of managing remote employees.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Teach a Workshop on Virtual Workforce Management?
Leadership skills is an area of corporate training that is always in demand, as companies are willing to invest in training and develop their managers.
Leadership skills training courses on many topics have been taught for a while, but training on managing virtual teams is something topical that not too many people teach as yet. So, providing training on managing remote employees as part of your portfolio will be quite a useful addition.
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Individuals who will benefit from a ‘managing remote employees’ workshop include:
- Leaders and managers in any industry who have experience in leading traditional teams but are new to managing remote teams and need training on this topic.
- New managers who need to expand their leadership training to include how to lead virtual teams.
- HR departments in companies that have virtual teams working for them.
- Project managers in charge of a project that involves a remote team.
- Self-employed individuals or small companies who hire a small team of professional to work for them remotely.
Half a day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course in virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2 hours’ modules to be delivered on different days. The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if need be.
Other courses that you could pair with this one, if you wanted to teach for a full day or a series of workshops, include:
- Intercultural Communication training course materials – This is particularly useful for an international and global team.
- Smart Goals Alignment – About setting SMART goals and making sure that the goals of individual employees are aligned with the goals of their team and the company as a whole.
- Delegation Skills – For managers who would like to delegate work effectively to their staff.
Beginner / intermediate.
This course is designed for participants who already have experience of managing a traditional team, but who are new to managing virtual teams.
So, the course does not delve into general leadership theories and concepts but it focuses on specific issues that affect virtual teams.
Managing Virtual Teams Training Course Materials Outline and Objectives
The aim of our course materials on managing remote teams is to provide participants with knowledge of the issues involved in managing a virtual team and how to address them.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what constitutes a virtual team.
✔ Evaluate the challenges and opportunities of leading a virtual team.
✔ Highlight the key skills of an effective virtual team leader.
✔ Apply strategies to tackle issues that virtual teams have in the areas of motivation, social engagement, communication and logistics
Our managing remote employees’ training course materials are designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom setting.
It is also possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Even though these corporate training course materials are designed to be trainer-led, they incorporate many opportunities for participants to interact. They include topics for discussions; questions and answers and activities, as we believe that adults learn better when they are actively engaged.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Definition of virtual team
- Virtuality continuum
- Virtual teams and diversity
- Benefits and challenges of a virtual team
- The skills of an effective virtual team leader
- Dealing with motivation challenges
- Hiring the right people to work as part of a virtual team (what personality traits and soft skills they need to have)
- Building trust in remote teams
- Developing socialization among remote team members
- Communication challenges
- Communication across space and time
- What tools to use to communicate in a virtual team
- Holding a virtual team meeting
- Coordination and logistics of remote teams
- Introducing new technologies for virtual team members to use
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 45 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 46 page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet and pre-course guide)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes spaces for notes and a list of further readings.
✔ Two handouts for activities.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £99 (approx. USD$125) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Our psychological safety at work training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for leaders on creating an environment in which staff feel safe to speak up. Psychological safety in the workplace is a relatively new concept in business…
Our ‘Inclusive Leadership‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers and leaders in organizations how to make sure that all their workforce feels included, whatever their characteristics (such as gender, age, ethnicity, cultural and…
Our ‘Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for members of staff and leaders on how to improve emotional intelligence. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English &…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Interview with Ms Nausheen Ahmad – Law, Ethics & Contract Management Trainer - July 19, 2022
- What Is Imposter Syndrome in the Workplace and Dealing with It - July 17, 2022
- Interview with Bella Rowe of The Speak - July 11, 2022