Last Updated on
15 – 20 minutes (depending on class size)
Ice Breaker exercise & Creativity Building & Happiness
There is nothing like a fun activity that everyone in the class tends to enjoy and take pleasure in participating in.
This game is great for getting people to start off the training session
This game is also extremely useful as a warm-up for the life planning training package as a way of showcasing what matters in life and how to plan accordingly.
Purpose of This Corporate Training Game
In the ‘Big Lottery win
Each participant will write down what they would do if they were to win and were given £10 million pounds (or Euros or dollars i.e. whatever the local currency).
After 5 minutes compiling their own lists, each person (or a selected number of participants if the class is big), will be asked to say to the whole group, what they have chosen they would do with the money.
Ice-Breaker Game Instructions:
1. Make sure that each person has paper and a pen or pencil.
2. Explain to everyone that they have to pretend that they have just won the lottery and the amount is GBP £25 million (or 25 million of the local currency or a large significant amount in whatever country you are using this game).
3. Inform the participants that they have 5 minutes to write down a list of the things they would do with the money.
Tell them that they can have as many things listed as they so wish, but that they have 5 minutes to complete the task.
Now allow the participants to get started. Make it clear though that there are no right or wrong answers.
4. After 5 minutes, ask everyone to stop what they are writing.
5. Next, ask each person to say what is on their list and allow for discussion to occur if it does so naturally.
Depending on the number of people on the training course, ask each person to say aloud the items they listed.
6. If you wish to, as the trainer, stand at a whiteboard as people read their list and write the items on the board and group them into logical groups that you will find naturally evolve according to:
- material items
- friends and family
- travel and luxury
- Some other categories may also emerge
7. Allow 5 minutes for the group to discuss the list. This normally will occur very easily.
Benefits of This Ice-Breaker Game
This is a fun activity that very quickly and easily creates a positive mood.
This game works and is suitable for most training packages because it is a great activity for getting the class to feel relaxed and to set the tone for a fun training day.
This game also ties in nicely with the developing discussion around material happiness and mindfulness if you are teaching these subjects. This game also works for marketing training classes .
The lottery game concept is used in fact in many areas related to education
Overall this is an extremely easy game to organise, requires no real props apart from the pen and paper, and also seems to excite participants
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Places to Find Free Training Games, Activities & Energizers for Teaching Employees & for Meetings - October 18, 2019
- How it Works – Buying Customizable Training Courses - October 10, 2019
- Mental Health Awareness at Work Training Materials for Trainers - September 29, 2019