Last Updated on
This ‘Introduction to Mindfulness’ course package is designed for trainers to deliver a session on mindfulness training for beginners.
What Are the Benefits of Mindfulness Training?
Mindfulness is a mental state that is aimed at living the present moment. It involves a variety of techniques to achieve this state, including meditation.
There have been numerous academic studies highlighting the benefits of mindfulness. By helping us to live in the moment, mindfulness is said to improve:
- Mental health
- Physical health
- General well-being
- Well-being in the workplace (thus improving communication, reducing stress and reducing turnover and burnout)
Therefore, an ‘Introduction to Mindfulness’ training session can be very useful for a variety of people.
Why Teach Introduction to Mindfulness?
As a trainer, being able to offer mindfulness training as part of your soft skills training portfolio, will give your clients a wider range of self-development courses to choose from.
A course on mindfulness is suited to a wide range of clients, such
- Corporate staff
- Self-employed people
- Any individual who would like to improve their quality of life
In today’s hectic world many people will benefit from a course on mindfulness.
Thus, you will be able to use this introduction to mindfulness training package for a variety of clients in a vast array of situations.
Anther training course materials package you might be interested in, which involves healthy living is ‘Digital Wellbeing‘. You can find more healthy living training course materials in our wellness and well-being section.
Who Is the This Training Package Intended for?
Trainers who wish to provide a workshop on mindfulness to those who are new or relatively new to this subject area.
This package includes all course materials for teaching the basics of mindfulness and to introduce participants to some of the key concepts and techniques and to empower them to live better on a daily basis.
Beginner (those who are new to mindfulness)
Course Outline and Objectives
This course is an introduction to mindfulness for those new to this subject.
This tends to be a relaxed and fun course for participants but is one also that participants usually find rewarding. Quite often participants inquire about further training options, following this course.
As a trainer, you will often find that participants will book for stage 2 mindfulness training also.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Discuss the concept of mindfulness and how this can be used to improve how we live.
✔ Apply techniques to de-stress and return to simple values that matter.
✔ Put certain mindfulness techniques into practice.
✔ Act in such ways that will help them to be better at dealing with others.
✔ Improve all aspects of one’s life including at work, family time and leisure time.
✔ Be more focused and appreciate the simple things in life.
This workshop is a fun interactive one, which involves participants getting involved such as through basic meditation and through group sharing and discussions.
This is a very positive workshop that participants always tend to give very positive feedback on.
This is tutor-led in that you, as the trainer, will explain certain meanings, techniques and strategies for understanding and benefiting from mindfulness, but there is a chance to involve the group throughout, via classroom activities.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
What is Mindfulness?
- Explanations of what mindfulness involves (including focus, appreciation of the present moment, detachment, self-acceptance and compassion).
- Example activities to highlight how mindfulness changes perception.
- Basic attention focusing exercises.
- Mindful attitudes and thoughts.
What Is Mindfulness Useful for and How Do You Practise It?
- Why mindfulness is important and how it can change your life.
- Breathing and body scan activities.
- Using mindfulness to manage stress.
- Why mindfulness can help overcome avoidance and procrastination.
- Improve organisational skills using mindfulness principles.
- Increasing appreciation.
- Letting go of negativity.
- Improve relations with others.
- The raisin exercise and other mindfulness activities.
- Using a mindfulness questionnaire to assess how mindfulness can be useful for you.
- Mindfulness tips for everyday life.
- Developing your own mindfulness plan.
Samples from Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
With This Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 67 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 42-page Trainers handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Two scripts to guide participants through meditation activities
✔ Four handouts for class exercises
✔ Sign-in sheet
✔ Course feedback form
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ Pre-course preparation guide
Doc Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs
American & British English
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
This course is designed such that it is perfectly suitable for both American English and British English styles.
We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
USD$179 (approx. £137)
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Dealing with Difficult People Training Course Materials - February 12, 2020
- Lillian Ogbogoh – Trainer Profiles Series - February 11, 2020
- Conflict Management & Resolution Training Course Materials - February 9, 2020