Our ‘Inclusive Leadership‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers and leaders in organizations how to make sure that all their workforce feels included, whatever their characteristics (such as gender, age, ethnicity, cultural and socio-economic background, sexual orientation, nationality, level of ability etc).
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
Why Is Inclusive Management Important?
It is important for an organization, today, to employ a diverse workforce, which includes people from different backgrounds and with a variety of characteristics.
However, it is not enough to make sure that a company has a diverse workforce. Every member of staff also needs to feel included.
Everybody needs to have equality of opportunities, access to targeted support for their specific needs, and, very importantly, every member of staff needs to feel that they are able to express their ideas and opinions without fear and that everybody’s input is equally welcomed.
Unfortunately, what often happens is that a company hires a diverse workforce without working on inclusion. Companies often assume that, once they are hired, people from different backgrounds will automatically start working well together.
This is not always the case though as entrenched practices, based on prejudice and unconscious biases, can get in the way of inclusion. So, a company needs to make a conscious effort to change the culture within the organization.
If a company does not foster inclusive working practices, both in terms of interpersonal relationships between colleagues and in terms of work processes, people may start feeling alienated. They risk feeling as though they do not belong, which causes high staff turnover, high absence rates, conflict, miscommunication and low productivity as a result.
Team leaders and managers are key to ensuring the development of an inclusive work environment. This is why training managers on inclusive management and leadership skills is so important, as leaders need to drive the change towards inclusion in the workplace.
Inclusive leadership has many benefits benefits for an organization, such as:
- More engaged, productive, innovative and creative employees
- Attracting top talent from all the walks of life
- Employees who work better together
- Market expansion and understanding a wide range of customers
- Better reputation and a stronger brand appeal
Our inclusive leadership training course materials are designed to specifically train managers on the concepts of inclusion and diversity (what they are and why they are important in business) and how to become inclusive leaders.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Teach Inclusive Leadership Workshops?
The area of inclusion and diversity in training is becoming more and more important as companies become more attuned to these topics.
There are many reasons for this, such as moral concerns, changes in society (which favour more supportive and compassionate attitudes), concern for employees’ wellbeing (as happy employees are more productive) and a global business environment (which means dealing with employees, customers, providers and trade partners from different cultures worldwide).
So, as a corporate trainer, it makes sense for you to offer a variety of equality and diversity training topics.
Other related courses that you may be interested in, in addition to these inclusive leadership training course materials, are:
- Psychological safety in the workplace – this is for leaders to make sure that everybody in the team feels free to express their opinions and talk to everybody at any level, without fear of reprisal.
- Bullying and harassment at work
- Unconscious bias
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural communication
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are Our Inclusive Leadership Training Course Materials for?
This training materials package is for freelance or corporate trainers to teach participants (specifically leaders and managers) how to create an inclusive work environment for all staff, from every walk of life.
The materials are for you to teach in a classroom environment (either in person or virtually).
You may want to buy our inclusive leadership training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to increase their offer of equality and diversity teaching.
- An HR department, which has been asked to address issues of lack of inclusion at work.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
- Team leaders who manage a diverse team.
- High level managers to understand the strategic importance of diversity and inclusion for the organization, and how to implement them.
- Any manager or leader to become aware of their own attitudes towards inclusion and diversity.
- Entrepreneurs who run their own company and want to know how to make the most out of a diverse workforce.
1 day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course as virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2 hours’ modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if need be.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of this course is to help participants become aware of the importance of diversity and inclusion at work and to develop their inclusive leadership skills.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what diversity and inclusion are and why they are both important in business.
✔ Pinpoint the characteristics of inclusive leaderships.
✔ Apply strategies and develop a plan to make their leadership style more inclusive.
This course is designed for a trainer to deliver it to a group of people in a classroom.
You can also use the materials to teach online, via Zoom or other conference software or learning management systems, as the Word documents and PowerPoint slides can easily be used for distance learning. We also provide, as part of the package, tips and advice on how to run the activities virtually.
Even though the course is designed to be trainer-led, we have made sure that the materials contain a variety of activities (including discussions, questions and answers, and quizzes) to keep the participants engaged.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
What Inclusion and Diversity Are and Why They Are Important in Business
- What diversity in the workplace is
- Diversity characteristics
- What inclusion at work is
- The concept of covering (i.e., not feeling comfortable to be oneself at work)
- The meaning of privilege
- Equality vs equity
- The elements of inclusion
- The difference between inclusion and diversity
- Why both diversity AND inclusion are important in business
The Traits of Inclusive Leadership
- The six traits of inclusive leadership (commitment, courage, cognizance of bias, curiosity, cultural intelligence and collaboration)
- Commitment – what it is and how to put it into practice
- Courage- what it is and how to put it into practice
- Cognizance of bias (including unconscious bias) – what it is and how to put it into practice
- Curiosity – what it is and how to put it into practice
- Cultural intelligence- what it is and how to put it into practice
- Collaboration – what it is and how to put it into practice
- Microaggressions and micro-affirmations
Strategies to Develop an Inclusive Leadership Style
- The inclusive leadership continuum and its areas of influence
- What actions a leader can take to develop along the inclusive leadership continuum and to expand their areas of influence
- Inclusive leadership action plan
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 51 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 76 page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ Six activities handouts: unconscious bias quiz; unconscious bias quiz answers; cultural intelligence discussion; inclusive leadership action plan template; inclusive leadership quiz and inclusive leadership quiz answers.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £137 (approx. USD$179) to instantly download the full Inclusive Leadership training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias (also known sometimes as anti-bias) with our unconscious bias training materials. This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is: Fully…
Our Intercultural Communication training course materials are designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help them improve their own intercultural communication skills. Intercultural communication training course…
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…