These training course materials focus on how to improve the well-being and mental health of employees working from home. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds).
The content is addressed at employees who work remotely to help manage and improve their well-being. In addition to staff, this course is useful for managers who supervise employees who work from home and who need to know how to support them.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Benefits of Looking after the Wellbeing of Employees Working from Home
Remote working arrangements have many benefits for companies as well as for employees.
In particular, employees working from home can save money and suffer less stress as they do not need to commute. Furthermore, staff can create a better work-life balance for themselves, due to more flexible work arrangments. So, there is a lot to be said in favour of remote working.
However, there are also risks for employees’ well-being. Employees can feel isolated working from home; they can suffer from a lack of structure in their working day and they might find it hard to keep a clear separation between work and home life.
The problem is that, when an employee works remotely, it is easy for a company to forget about them and assume that everything is going well.
Unfortunately, things do not always go well. Also, if an employee who works from home is suffering, they are less likely to ask for help and raise the issue with HR or their line manager.
So, it is important for companies to be proactive in looking after the well-being of their staff, even when they work remotely.
Training your staff on what the challenges of home working for their physical and mental health can be and how to address these challenges is a good place to start.
Whether your employees’ well-being is suffering or not at the moment, it is a good thing to raise awareness of any possible issues so they know what to do and how to ask for help should the need arise. These home working wellbeing training course materials are designed for this purpose.
Who Are These Course Materials for?
Our home working well-being training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach members of staff.
This package is suitable for freelance trainers, in-house corporate trainers, and HR departments.
Individuals who would benefit from this course include:
- Any employee who works from home, whether all the time or some of the time.
- Managers and line managers who supervise staff who work remotely.
- HR departments wanting to make sure that every employee is looked after, including those who work remotely.
- Self-employed individuals who run a business working from home.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Teach a Workshop on Working from Home Wellbeing?
Remote working is becoming more and more common and it is a trend that is very likely to continue.
Also, companies are becoming more aware of the importance of looking after their employees’ wellbeing to improve staff retention and engagement.
So, being able to offer a course that combines wellbeing with remote working will make you stand out as a trainer who is up to speed with the current trends in society and in the modern workplace.
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
This training package contains enough materials for a trainer to deliver a short 2 hours course.
As a trainer, you can run this course on the same day as other short courses, with topics related to this one such as:
- Digital Wellbeing
- Mindfulness at Work (and for Busy People)
- Mental Health Awareness at Work
- Managing Virtual Teams
This package is suitable to teach anyone who would like to know more about how working from home can affect an employee’s mental health and wellbeing, and what to do about it.
Course Materials Aims and Objectives
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify the benefits and challenges of working from home for their well-being.
✔ Outline strategies to overcome the challenges of working remotely.
✔ Develop a health and wellbeing action plan for working from home.
✔ Identify actions they can take to support the wellbeing of staff they manage who work remotely.
This package is designed to teach a trainer-led session.
However, the materials are designed in such a way as to include many opportunities for active engagement on the part of the learners.
So, the materials include discussions and activities that allow participants to learn actively.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Benefits and challenges of working from home.
- Self-reflection questionnaire for participants to assess their own home-working habits.
- Strategies to address the challenges of working from home (including issues related to work-life balance; setting up a good work environment; physical and mental health; socialization and work demands).
- Creating a home working wellbeing plan.
- Things that an employee can do if they are managing other members of staff who work remotely, to support their direct report’s wellbeing.
With this Training Package, Instantly Download:
✔ 28 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 30 page Trainers Notes
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet and pre-course guide)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes spaces for notes and a list of further readings.
✔ Two handouts (‘Home Working Wellbeing Questionnaire’ and ‘Working from Home Wellbeing Action Plan’).
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
GBP £89 (approx. USD$109) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Staff and employees’ well-being is being taken increasingly seriously these days and thus training that is aimed at this topic area can be popular. With this in mind, we are happy to be able to offer our 3 most popular workplace wellness training course materials as 1…
Our ‘mindfulness at work for busy people training materials’ provides enough content for trainers to run a short 2 hours workshop on how to fit mindfulness practices in people’s busy schedules, both at work and in their private life. These materials are designed for a…
These environmental awareness training materials for trainers are designed to provide basic environmental awareness training for employees. Our training course package provides you, as a trainer, with the materials to teach how businesses and employees can make a…
- How Can I Present My PowerPoint Presentation and View Notes on the Monitor While Presenting - September 18, 2023
- What Is Allyship in the Workplace & 7 Stages of the Allyship Journey – Examples and Techniques - August 27, 2023
- What Is an Employee Resource Group (ERG) and the Benefits? - August 21, 2023