Last Updated on
These environmental awareness training materials for trainers are designed to provide basic environmental awareness training for employees.
Our training course package provides you, as a trainer, with the materials to teach how businesses and employees can make a difference in supporting the environment and promoting a green agenda.
This off-the-shelf corporate training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- Downloadable immediately
- US English & British English compatible
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of your own courses as you wish.
About the Author of Our Environmental Awareness Training Course Materials for Trainers
The Environmental Awareness training course materials have been developed by Dr Valeria Symonds, PhD.
Dr Valeria Symonds is a qualified researcher and training developer. She holds a Post Compulsory Education and Training (PCET) qualification from Cardiff Metropolitan University. In addition, Dr Valeria Symonds taught sociology and sustainable tourism practices in the University of Bath, UK, and worked as a researcher at the University of Exeter, UK.
Why Is Environmental Awareness Training in the Workplace Important?
The impact that human activities and consumptions have on planet Earth has been known for a few decades already. It is now becoming more and more urgent for us to take action before it is too late.
Even though it is up to governments to put in place legislation and draw big plans to save the environment, there is a lot that individuals, businesses and organizations can do, on a daily basis, to support the environment.
These are small actions that we can take from reusing materials, recycling more and reducing our consumption. What every one of us can do may seem small on an individual basis but, if we all take action, all these measures will add up and make a difference.
There are many benefits for businesses in adopting environmentally friendly practices. First of all, it is the right thing to do ethically but there are also legal ramifications. As laws on environmental practices are put in place in more and more countries, businesses must make sure they comply.
In addition, there are other reasons why an organization might want to train its managers and employees on environmental awareness, as listed below.
- Saving money – by reducing consumption of energy and materials, for example, companies can save a good amount of money.
- Image management – an environmentally conscious company is perceived by the public as more trustworthy and reliable.
- Employee satisfaction – employees like companies that have a caring attitude towards their staff and the environment, As a result, they may be more motivated to work for an environmentally conscious company, which could reduce staff turnover.
Providing environmental awareness training for employees is key in making sure that everyone in the organization is on board in pursuing the same eco-friendly goals.
Running a course with our environmental awareness training course materials will help you align your organization’s environmental goals with your staff’s goals.
There are many environmental practices in the workplace that a company can put in place, from everyday tasks such as energy-saving practices to organizational processes, such as policies and communication activities.
Training your staff in environmental awareness in the workplace will help you develop these practices and apply them at all levels of your organization.
Why Should You Offer Environmental Awareness Training for Employees as a Trainer?
Whether you are an in-house or freelance corporate trainer, it is important to keep up to date with the most topical and relevant subjects that companies might need to train their employees on.
Ecological awareness training for staff in the workplace is definitely an important topic to cover and be able to offer as part of your training portfolio.
Benefits of Using Off-the-shelf Customizable Corporate Training Materials
The advantage of using our classroom-ready teaching materials is that we have already done all the hard work for you. We have designed the materials, laid out a lesson plan and done the research on the topic.
Thus, using one of our off-the-shelf training packages will save you a lot of time.
In addition, our corporate training materials are completely editable and customizable, so you can add your own logo and adapt the contents to your audience. Once bought, our training materials are very easy to download and are yours to keep and use as you wish forever.
Who Are Our Environmental Awareness Training Course Materials Intended for?
These ecological awareness training materials are for the general public, people who are not scientists, nor experts. So, the course will NOT require participants to have any scientific knowledge.
The environmental awareness training materials are for employees who simply need to get some ideas on what environmentally-friendly office practices they can put in place.
The training materials cover some information on the main key environmental issues we face today, but the main focus is on what companies and organizations can do in practice to help the environment on a daily basis.
These corporate training materials can be used for teaching staff at any level, from team members to line managers to high-level managers and HR departments.
Who Could Benefit from Attending an Environmental Awareness Training Course?
People who could benefit from attending a course run using our environmental awareness training materials include:
- Managers who need some ideas on what type of initiatives, policies, activities, and regulations they can put in place to make sure that their organization is an environmentally conscious company.
- HR departments that need ideas on running sustainability initiatives in the workplace and who are looking for to create an environmentally friendly workplace.
- Employees and team members to become aware of why it is important to safeguard the environment and what environmentally-friendly office practices they can follow.
- Small businesses that want to do their bit to support the environment.
Duration of This Environmental Awareness in the Workplace Training Course
In this training materials package, there is enough to teach a short course, to last about 2 hours.
As a corporate or freelance trainer, you can run this session on the same day as other short sessions to raise awareness in the workplace about topical issues such as unconscious bias, digital wellbeing, the menopause and mental health.
Anyone who does not have any specific technical knowledge about environmental issues but just needs to become aware of the problems that the environment is facing, and how companies and employees can help by putting in place environmental practices in the workplace.
Outline and Objectives of Our Off-the-shelf Environmental Awareness in the Workplace Training Materials
The aim of this training course package is to raise awareness of key environmental issues and how businesses and employees can help the environment by adopting sustainability initiatives in the workplace.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Identify some key environmental issues
✔ Discuss the benefits of environmental awareness for businesses and individuals
✔ Take environmentally friendly actions on a daily basis at work (and at home)
✔ Identify procedures that businesses can implement to support the environment on an organizational level
Delivery Method for Our Corporate Training Materials
These corporate training materials are designed for a trainer to run a tutor-led session in a classroom environment.
However, as we embrace the idea that adults learn best when they are actively involved, we have designed the materials in such a way that there is ample space for discussions for participants to carry out in pairs, in groups and with the whole class.
We also encourage trainers to introduce topics using a question and answer approach, so that learners are stimulated to figure out the answer before the trainer delivers an idea to them.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Understanding the concepts of environmental sustainability and ecological footprint.
- Six key environmental issues that the world is facing.
- Benefits of embracing environmental awareness in the workplace.
- The ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ concept and related environmentally friendly office practices.
- Things that a company can do on an organizational level to promote an environmentally friendly culture amongst its employees.
Samples from the Environmental Awareness Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
USD$115 (approx. £85) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
With Our Environmental Awareness in the Workplace Training Materials, Instantly Download:
✔ 24 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 21-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet and course outline)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
This course is designed such that it is perfectly suitable for both American English and British English styles.
We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- Dealing with Difficult People Training Course Materials - February 12, 2020
- Lillian Ogbogoh – Trainer Profiles Series - February 11, 2020
- Conflict Management & Resolution Training Course Materials - February 9, 2020