These ‘Employee Engagement and Motivation‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers and HR departments to run workshops for managers and leaders on how to improve employee engagement.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Employee Engagement and Motivation Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
Why Train Managers and Leaders in Engaging and Motivating Employees?
The benefits of employee engagement and motivation for a company are many.
Engaged employees (according to William Kahn who provided a definition of employee engagement in the 1990s, following extensive research on the topic) express themselves at work cognitively, emotionally, and physically. This means that they put their mind, heart, and soul into what they do.
As a result, having an engaged workforce is a great asset for a company, as these individuals are enthusiastic about what they do, are likely to go the extra mile, and are good ambassadors for a company.
Engaged employees are also likely to have high levels of commitment to a company (i.e., to be loyal and less likely to leave) and tend to experience high levels of job satisfaction (i.e., to be happy with their job or career).
So, the benefits for a company of having engaged employees include:
- Higher productivity
- Better customer experience
- Lower staff turnover
- Better performance
- More workplace innovation (as engaged employees tend to be creative and to problem-solve)
- Lower absence rate
- Happier and healthier staff
- Increased profit
Employee motivation is different from engagement. Motivation is the reason why you do something, it is what pushes you to act. Engagement instead is how you do something, with how much focus, vigor, and energy.
However, motivation and engagement go hand in hand, as an engaged employee is also motivated and some of the causes of engagement and motivation overlap.
So, these employee engagement training course materials are designed to help managers become good motivators and understand how to increase engagement.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Teach Workshops on Employee Engagement and Motivation
Employee engagement is a fast-growing trend in leadership and management training.
This is because companies try to hold on to the employees they have to retain skills and knowledge, things that it takes time and money to build.
The trend, nowadays, is to create a workplace in which employees are happy to work and in which they feel valued.
Other training courses that you can offer to help companies develop an engaging workplace include:
- Inclusive Leadership
- Building Resilience in the Workplace
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Psychological Safety in the Workplace
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are These Materials for?
This training package is for corporate trainers or HR departments to teach managers how to engage and motivate employees.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
Developing an engaged workforce is down to many people. This includes the managers, the HR departments, individual staff members, and the way the organization is structured and its values.
Managers and leaders though are key in developing employee engagement and motivation and this is why our course materials are specifically aimed and managers, supervisors, and leaders.
So, as a trainer, you can use these training course materials to teach:
- High-level leaders, who need to understand how to make the workplace more engaging for employees at all levels.
- Managers and supervisors, to engage and motivate their direct reports.
- HR departments to help them develop policies and procedures that are conducive to staff engagement and motivation.
- Small company owners, who want to make sure that people who work for them are engaged and motivated.
2 to 3 hours (depending on the number of delegates and on how much time you want to spend on each discussion).
The course can also be run as a series of seminars or workshops on leadership and management.
These materials are suitable for teaching a variety of people, from new managers to more experienced managers who need new ideas to engage and motivate their staff.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of these training course materials is to help managers understand how to engage and motivate employees.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what employee engagement is and its benefits.
✔ Understand the differences between engagement, motivation, and other related concepts.
✔ Identify areas that affect employees’ engagement and pinpoint strategies to increase engagement.
✔ Develop an action plan to address employee engagement.
Our ‘Employee Engagement and Motivation’ training course materials are designed for a trainer to teach a group of people, either face-to-face or online.
Even though the training is designed to be teacher-led, there are activities to actively involve the students.
These include class and small group discussions and an action plan worksheet that participants fill in to develop their own strategies to engage and motivate their teams.
Topics That Will Be Covered Include:
Defining Employee Engagement
- Employee engagement definition
- The behavior of engaged employees
- Levels of employee engagement
- Employee engagement myths
- The benefits of an engaged workforce
Employee Engagement and Other Related Concepts
- The differences and the connections between employee motivation, job satisfaction, employee commitment, and motivation.
- The elements that influence job satisfaction
- Types of commitment
- Motivation drivers
Drivers and Strategies to Increase Engagement and Motivation
- Work environment (social, physical, mental)
- Job arrangements, including purpose, autonomy, and growth
- Leadership and organization drivers, such as communication, rewards, fairness, and alignment of goals
- Guiding managers towards developing an action plan, so they can apply strategies to engage their team members at work.
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 27 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 48-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ 2 handouts including employee engagement strategies ideas and an employee engagement planning worksheet.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
GBP £89 (approx. USD$109) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Our ‘Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback in the Workplace’ training course materials are for trainers to run feedback skills workshops for managers and employees. The materials focus on both giving and receiving feedback in such a way as to achieve the desired…
The ‘Managing Office Politics’ training course materials are designed to be used for providing training to managers, team leaders, supervisors, and anyone involved with managing others. Office politics is not something you can eliminate but it can be managed in order…
Our Managing Virtual Teams training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach managers how to lead remote teams. Compared to traditional teams, teams composed of remote workers present specific challenges for leaders. These training course materials on how…
- Strategic Thinking Activity Exercise - October 23, 2023
- 7 Free Task and Job Crafting Training Exercises, Activities, and Icebreakers - October 23, 2023
- What Is Job Crafting and How It Helps Employee Motivation & Engagement - October 22, 2023