Our ‘Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace‘ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for members of staff and leaders on how to improve emotional intelligence.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify.
What Are the Benefits of Emotional Intelligence at Work?
Emotional intelligence is the ability to be aware of your own feelings and those of others, manage your feelings, and use your understanding of emotions to create better relationships with other people.
As a result, people with high emotional intelligence enjoy better mental wellbeing and are easier to deal with compared to those who have low emotional intelligence. For instance, a high EQ (short for emotional quotient) allows people to:
- Deal calmly with difficult and unexpected situations
- Manage stress
- Have good communication skills
- Be empathetic towards others (and be able to see situations from other people’s perspectives)
- Be motivated
- Be aware of their strengths and limitations
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Be able to give constructive feedback
- Receive feedback without getting upset
- Manage conflict and find win-win solutions
- Get on well with other people
- Be open to change
- Put people at ease
- Be open towards others and interested in other people
- Be good listeners
- Cooperate with other people
- Be supportive
- Be assertive
In the workplace, these qualities are extremely useful both for team members and for leaders.
For example, emotionally intelligent team members work better together and have better customer skills, while leaders with high EQ are inspirational and motivating, among other things.
So, it is in any organization’s interest to have an emotionally intelligent workforce. To do so, an organization can include EQ evaluations as part of the recruiting process and they can also provide training on emotional intelligence for their staff.
You might be wondering, at this point if you can teach emotional intelligence. The answer is yes.
Training on emotional intelligence is possible because, although some people have a higher EQ by nature, it is also the case that EQ improves with age and with experience. So, you can train people in emotional intelligence.
Our Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace training course materials are specifically designed for a trainer to coach your staff on this topic.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Teach Emotional Intelligence Workshops?
If you are a corporate trainer, emotional intelligence is always a good topic to offer your clients as part of your portfolio. The beauty of a topic such as emotional intelligence is that it is both a classic and very topical workshop to offer.
The reason why emotional intelligence training is so topical, in spite of having been around for a while, is that it is one of those abilities that artificial intelligence is not likely to be able to master any time soon.
Other skills that are complementary to emotional intelligence and for which we have designed course materials include:
- Developing Resilience
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Mental Health Awareness at Work
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Active Listening
- Conflict Management
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in-person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are Our Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace Training Course Materials for?
These training course materials are for corporate trainers to teach in a classroom environment (either in person or virtually).
The materials are designed for a workplace environment but you can easily customize them to adapt them for a different audience, should you need to.
You may want to buy our emotional intelligence training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to offer something topical to his/her customers.
- An HR department, which has been asked to address issues of low productivity and engagement at work.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
- Managers and leaders who would like to inspire and motivate their team
- High level managers and HR departments to understand how to improve emotional intelligence in their organization
- Team members to work together in harmony and more effectively
- Customers service representatives and sales agents to understand their customers better
- Anyone who would like to improve their emotional intelligence
1 day – for classroom training.
If you are delivering this course as virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2 hours’ modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if need be.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of our emotional intelligence in the workplace training course materials is to help participants become aware of the importance of emotional intelligence and to develop their emotional intelligence abilities.
Also, the materials contain a section on understanding why emotional intelligence at work is important and the role of staff, managers and the organization as a whole to ensure that employees and organizations have a good level of emotional intelligence.
This section is particularly useful for managers, leaders and HR departments. If you are teaching employees who do not have management responsibilities, you might want to remove or scale down this part.
A note on the model of emotional intelligence we used and why
Although psychologists have developed various models of emotional intelligence over the years, for these training materials we have decided to use only Goleman’s definition and model.
This is because Goleman’s ideas are the most widely used in the field of business training since he created his model with the workplace in mind. Also, after taking into consideration other models, we have decided that Goleman’s is a quite comprehensive and clear model and the most relevant for the workplace.
We have only decided to use one model as we do not want to dwell on theories for this course. Rather, the idea is to have a training session that is as practical as possible and focuses on how to improve emotional intelligence, instead of being about theory.
We have provided an extensive reading list at the end of the participants’ workbook for anyone who wants to learn more about this fascinating topic.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify what emotional intelligence is and why it is important.
✔ Find ways to recognize and manage their emotions.
✔ Identify techniques to recognize and inspire emotions in others.
✔ Examine the application of emotional intelligence at work.
✔ Set up an action plan to foster their emotional intelligence.
This training package is designed for a trainer to teach the topic to a group of participants (either in a face-to-face environment or remotely via video-conference).
However, we have designed the materials to make sure that the participants are as actively engaged as possible. This is why the programme contains plenty of activities and discussions for learners to take part in.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
What Emotional Intelligence Is and Why It Matters
- Emotional intelligence quiz for self-assessment
- Definition and benefits of emotional intelligence
- Introduction to Goleman’s most recent model of emotional intelligence and its four elements (self-awareness, social awareness, self-management and relationship management)
Learning to Recognize and Manage Your Emotions
- Describing feelings and the wheel of emotions
- Benefits of self-awareness and self-management
- Strategies to improve self-awareness and self-management
How to Recognize and Inspire Emotions in Others
- Recognizing emotions in others by analysing body language, speech and facial expressions
- Why social awareness is useful and ways to improve it
- Ideas to improve relationship management
The Role of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Benefits of emotional intelligence for employees and the organisation
- How to improve emotional intelligence at an organizational level
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
Your Personal Emotional Intelligence Plan
- Guiding participants through the action plan steps
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 61 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 79 page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes planning templates and guidance and a list of further readings.
✔ Three activities handouts: emotional intelligence questionnaire; the wheel of emotions and emotional intelligence action plan.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
British GBP £137
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Related training course materials
Our Intercultural Communication training course materials are designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help them improve their own intercultural communication skills. Intercultural communication training course…
The aim of our ‘Dealing with the Difficult People’ training course materials is to help you, as a trainer, teach your participants how to deal with difficult and disruptive co-workers. Dealing with difficult people training course materials This training package is:…
The aim of this conflict management & resolution training course materials package is to help you, as a trainer, teach your participants how to handle conflict successfully. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English & British English…