Our ‘Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback in the Workplace‘ training course materials are for trainers to run feedback skills workshops for managers and employees.
The materials focus on both giving and receiving feedback in such a way as to achieve the desired results while being respectful of other people.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Package
Click on the slides below to magnify
The Importance of Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback in the Workplace
The benefits of feedback in the workplace are many. However, feedback needs to be given and received effectively.
Giving effective feedback means achieving the desired results while, at the same time, making sure that all parties involved are respected.
Receiving feedback effectively means making the most of feedback and seeing it as a learning opportunity, rather than as a personal attack.
Giving and receiving feedback is important both for constructive feedback (whereby you seek to change or improve behavior) and positive feedback (for reinforcing good behavior).
Unfortunately, many people do not know how to receive and give feedback effectively. Some people are unclear or come across as aggressive when giving feedback. When it comes to receiving feedback, some people go on the defensive or refuse to accept responsibility.
The good news is that giving and receiving feedback is a skill that people can learn.
Training your employees and managers on giving and receiving feedback effectively at work can reap many benefits, including:
- Reducing conflict
- Reducing errors
- Improving productivity
- Supporting staff engagement and motivation
- Increasing productivity
Our ‘Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback in the Workplace’ training course materials are designed to help learners develop their feedback skills.
Why Should You, as a Trainer, Provide This Course as a Workshop
Giving and receiving feedback effectively is one of the skills that will always be relevant in the workplace.
You can teach sessions on giving and receiving effective feedback as part of a series of workshops on communication or interpersonal skills.
Other training packages that are good to offer as part of your interpersonal skill teaching portfolio include:
- Active listening
- Conflict management
- Emotional intelligence
- Psychological safety
- Dealing with difficult people
- Intercultural communication
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are These Training Course Materials for?
These training course materials are for trainers who want to run sessions on how to give and receive feedback in the workplace.
You may want to these training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to run workshops on feedback skills for your clients or organization.
- An HR department, which has been asked to address issues of poor feedback skills at work.
Individuals who will benefit from attending this type of workshop include:
- Managers and supervisors who need to give feedback to their direct reports
- Team members who need to give feedback to each other or upward feedback to their managers
- Business owners to give effective feedback to their employees
- Anyone (employees, employers, managers and direct reports) who needs to learn how to receive feedback effectively and use it for their self-development, to improve performance and/or to run their company more successfully.
This training package provides enough materials to teach a half a day (about 3 hours) workshop.
As the training materials are customizable, however, you can edit them to run longer or shorter sessions as required. The length will also depend on how many participants you have and on how much time you would like to spend on activities and discussions.
These materials are suitable for those who are new to the topic of giving and receiving feedback, as well as for those who would like to refresh their knowledge.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of the feedback in the workplace training course materials is to help participants understand how to give and receive both positive and corrective feedback.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Identify why feedback is important and what the different types of feedback are.
✔ Develop skills and implement plans to give effective feedback.
✔ Develop best practices to seek and receive feedback.
✔ Build an action plan to develop and practice your feedback skills.
These training materials are designed to be trainer-led.
So, they are for corporate or freelance trainers to deliver in a class environment, either face-to-face or virtually (using classroom management software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or other platforms).
Even if these materials are for trainers to deliver, we strongly believe that participants learn better if they are actively engaged.
So, we have made sure that the materials include plenty of activities, discussions, and other opportunities for learners to participate actively.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
Introduction to Feedback
- What constitutes effective feedback
- The barriers to giving and receiving effective feedback
- The benefits of effective feedback at work
- Types of feedback (including positive and constructive feedback, and formal vs informal feedback)
- How to balance construcitve and positive feedback
How to Give Effective Feedback
- The characteristics of effective feedback as opposed to ineffective feedback
- Communication techniques
- Steps for giving positive feedback effectively
- Steps for giving constructive feedback effectively
Seeking and Receiving Feedback
- What to do when receiving feedback
- How to seek feedback
- The Johari Window
Building an action Plan to Practice and Develop Feedback Skills
- Action plan activity
- Action plan template
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 34 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 73-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes a list of further readings.
✔ 1 handout (an action plan guide to practice and develop feedback giving and receiving skills).
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £97 (approx. USD$127) to instantly download the full ‘Giving and receiving effective feedback in the workplace’ training course materials.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
The aim of this conflict management & resolution training course materials package is to help you, as a trainer, teach your participants how to handle conflict successfully. This training package is: Fully customizable and editableUS English & British English…
Our Delegation Skills training course materials for trainers are designed to help your participants develop effective delegation skills. These training course materials are particularly suitable for managers who would like to delegate work effectively to their team…
The aim of these active listening training materials for trainers is to help your course participants improve their listening skills. By the end of this course, they will understand what active listening is, the importance of active listening and how to implement…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Ways To Help Employee Growth and Improve their Development and Skills Set - September 16, 2021
- 7 Ways to Engage Employees in the WorkPlace to Improve Motivation - September 9, 2021
- How to Give Constructive Feedback Effectively to Employees Training Activity - August 9, 2021