Last Updated on
This disability etiquette & access awareness training package contains the materials for trainers to teach participants about the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) rules. In particular, the course material focuses on access and guiding people with disabilities through public spaces.
Why Should You Teach Disability Etiquette & Access Awareness?
The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and the Equality Act are aimed at stopping discrimination for services and in the workplace against people with disabilities.
Hence, it is vital for organizations today to be compliant. Also, paying attention
Who Is This Course Intended for?
This course is for trainers who wish to train anyone involved with needing to guide those with disabilities and ambulant users, for the sake of improving or maintaining accessibility in a location.
The following peoples, for example, can benefit from this training:
- Stadium stewards
- Airline service staff
- Front line staff who interact with the public
- Anyone who manages a building and is in charge of helping disabled and ambulant visitors to move through a building or location such as in a university campus.
- Airport security staff
- School teachers and everyone who interacts with the public!
The above are just examples and the target market for this training, as a trainer, is unlimited in terms of the locations where this training tends to be needed.
Greater awareness of supporting all users means that this training program is becoming increasingly popular.
- 1 Full Day
Course Outline and Objectives
This course will teach the basics of how to best aid ambulant and disabled users in such a way to ensure best practice and etiquette is used.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Understand the issues that ambulant and disabled users have in wayfinding situations.
✔ Know the legal rights of users in respect of the Equality Rights Act 2010.
✔ Be able to identify users who need aid (many disabilities are hidden) and to offer the appropriate guidance.
✔ Have a good understanding of how best to aid users so that dignity is maintained by the user.
Course Delivery Method
This is delivered as a classroom tutor-led one day workshop that includes a number of activities to get participants involved in the training and to make the course interesting for participants.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include
The Basics of DDA
- Typical issues and problems and why etiquette training is needed.
- The law and also ethics.
- Case study examples.
Improving DDA Etiquette
- Knowing when to help and when not to.
- Understanding the range of user types.
- Guidance on methods for aiding users (best practice).
With This Course, Instantly Download
✔ *Free DDA checklist included in the Student Workbook
✔ 43 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 30 page Student workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet and course evaluation sheet)
✔ Tutor’s checklist
✔ Tutor’s notes document
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
Documents delivered using MS Word (doc and
- USD$149 (approx £115)
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight-away.
Similar Courses and Further Reading
- If you are interested in DDA training, you may also be interested in our One-to-one E-Learning DDA Course
- Read more about why DDA training is useful
- More information on the importance of teaching disability etiquette
Related training course materials
Our Intercultural Communication training course materials are designed to introduce participants to the fundamentals of cross-cultural communication and help them improve their own intercultural communication skills. These intercultural communication training course…
Help your delegates uncover and overcome their unconscious bias (also known sometimes as anti-bias) with our unconscious bias training materials. This training package provides content for a short (between 2 and 3 hours) but effective session and is: Fully…
This mental awareness training materials package is designed to help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. (Course designed by Dr Valeria Symonds). The aim is to help overcome the stigma around mental health in order to foster a more…
Paul Symonds PhD
Latest posts by Paul Symonds PhD (see all)
- 7 Essential Tips for Using Zoom for Online Teaching - March 29, 2020
- What Are the Benefits of Learning Delegation Skills Training for Managers? - March 28, 2020
- What Equipment Do I Need for Teaching Online | 5 Key Items - March 24, 2020