Page Updated on January 25, 2023
Our Delegation Skills training course materials for trainers are designed to help your participants develop effective delegation skills. These training course materials are particularly suitable for managers who would like to delegate work effectively to their team members.
These teaching materials are for corporate and freelance trainers to run workshops (either in person or remotely) on delegation skills.
This off-the-shelf corporate training package provides content for a short (1/2 day) but effective session and it is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish.
Benefits of Delegation Skills in Business Training?
Being able to delegate effectively is a key skill for managers for two reasons.
First of all, delegating allows managers to save time and to focus on the tasks that only they can do, such as anything to do with vision and strategy for the company and high-risk tasks.
Secondly, the delegation of tasks to team members is an opportunity for these team members to learn new skills and develop.
The benefits of effective delegation can be felt at different levels within an organization, such as for the managers, the employees, and the organization as a whole.
- Feeling less stressed
- Better time management
- More trust towards the team members
- Knowledge and skills development
- More self-confidence
- More motivation
- Better teamwork
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Increased employees’ satisfaction
However, if delegation is not done properly, it can create more problems than it solves. For example, employees will become frustrated if the manager is perceived as lazy; if s/he does not communicate tasks clearly; if s/he does not offer any support, or if s/he is unable to let go and is always on the employees’ back.
So, it is essential that managers receive training on how to delegate work to employees effectively. Our delegation skills training course materials are designed to achieve just that.
Samples from the Training Course Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Offer This Course as a Trainer?
Delegation skills training is an essential topic to teach if you are offering leadership and management skills as part of your training portfolio.
‘Delegation skills’ is one of those evergreen topics in corporate training. It is a bit like time management, dealing with difficult people, and conflict management in that it is one of those skills that are and will always be needed in the workplace.
Trends may change and new topics may become fashionable, but these core skills will always be important.
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PPT slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are These Course Materials Intended for?
These delegation skills training course materials are designed for trainers to run their own training sessions and workshops.
In terms of learners, the training materials are designed for anyone who is in charge of a team and needs to delegate tasks to the team members.
The aim is to encourage managers to delegate effectively, with an eye on their employees’ development and empowerment, as well as on freeing their own time to focus on tasks that only managers can do.
Who Could Benefit from Attending a Delegation Skills Training Course?
- Managers who feel overwhelmed by the amount of work they have and wonder how to plan their workload better.
- Leaders who would like to coach and develop their employees.
- Companies that want to encourage better trust between managers and team members.
- Project managers who struggle to distribute work among the team.
- 1/2 day
If you prefer to teach for a full day, you can combine the materials from this course with other leadership or interpersonal skills short courses, such as Active Listening Skills or SMART Goals Alignment.
Other course materials that are related to delegation skills are our Time Management Training course materials since delegation can be considered a time management tool for managers.
Beginners or anyone who would like to refresh their delegation skills.
Outline and Objectives
The aim of this training package is to help participants develop effective delegation skills.
In particular, the focus is on managers who would like to employ better delegation skills as part of their leadership and time management skills development.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Define effective delegation
✔ Discuss the benefits of and barriers to effective delegation
✔ Apply seven steps of effective delegation
✔ Discuss how to cope with some delegation difficulties
These delegation skills training course materials are designed to be delivered by a trainer in a classroom.
However, the focus is on participants’ interaction, this is why there are plenty of discussions and activities, including worksheets and reflective exercises.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Are Covered Include:
- Definition of effective delegation
- The levels of delegation
- The elements of delegation (authority, accountability, and responsibility)
- Benefits of delegation
- Barriers to effective delegation
- Reflective thinking exercise for participants to assess their current delegation style
- 7 steps for effective delegation (supported by a delegation planning worksheet)
- Dealing with delegation difficulties, with some examples of problems that might occur and how to deal with them
What’s Included in the Delegation Skills Training Course Materials Package
✔ 32 PowerPoint Delegation Skills ppt slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 38-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook (which includes a list of suggested readings for future reference)
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, and course outline)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ Two handouts for class exercises (a delegation planning worksheet and a delegation skills reflective thinking exercise)
✔ Pre-course preparation guide
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word) and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £99 (approx USD$125) to instantly download the full delegation skills training course materials package.
Buy These Training Course Materials
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Imposter Syndrome in the Workplace Training Course Materials
Our ‘Imposter Syndrome in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to help their course participants deal with imposter syndrome at work, by recognizing its signs and helping staff to overcome it or limit its impact. This training package…
SMART Goals and Goals Alignment Training Materials
This SMART goals training materials package is designed for trainers to deliver a session on how to set SMART goals, and how to make sure that the individual employees’ goals are aligned with the goals of the company as a whole. This training package provides content…
Managing Different Generations in the Workplace Training Course Materials
These ‘Managing Different Generations in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to make managers aware of the importance of generational diversity in the workplace. This training package also guides participants to develop strategies for…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Tips on How to Unleash Your Staff’s Creative Potential - March 12, 2023
- 10 Tips to Make Employee & Workplace Training More Effective & Productive - March 3, 2023
- 10 Tips on How to Be More Likeable and Appreciated at Work - February 12, 2023