Our ‘Building Trust in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to deliver workshops on the foundations of how to gain other people’s trust at work (both face-to-face and when working remotely).
The topic of trust building encompasses many areas of relationship building. These training materials give an overview of the key points that employees and managers need to keep in mind when they want to develop high-trust work relationships with others.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
Samples from the Training Materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
The Importance of Trust in the Workplace
Building high-trust relationships at work is important for everyone at every level.
For individuals, being trusted and being able to trust someone affects their:
- Health and wellbeing – Feeling that you can’t trust others at work can cause stress that, in turn, is detrimental to a person’s health.
- Engagement and job satisfaction – Working in an environment where you feel you can rely on people is likely to make you feel included and more committed to the company.
- Professional development – A manager or an organization that trusts you is more likely to support and empower you.
For teams, high-trust relationships are likely to improve:
- Conflict resolution
This is because a lack of trust gets in the way of effective communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution.
So, teams need trust to be successful in these areas.
For leaders and managers, trusting other people and being trusted by their employees is important because it allows them to:
- Delegate effectively – To delegate successfully, leaders need to be able to trust their team members.
- Make sure tasks and projects are completed – For this, leaders need team members they can trust.At the same time, leaders need to trust and empower their staff, to give them a sense of ownership and engagement.
- Create accountability – This means moving away from monitoring and controlling people and towards inspiring and mentoring them, which requires trust on both sides.
For organizations, fostering a high-trust culture pays off because it allows them to achieve high levels of:
- and overall success
This makes sense because employees, in organizations that promote trust, are more likely to take less time off sick, stay longer with a company, feel more engaged, work well together and feel safe to express their ideas.
Our ‘Building Trust in the Workplace’ training course materials are designed to help employees at every level build trusted relationships at work.
What Are the Benefits, for a Trainer, of Running Workshops on How to Build Trust in the Workplace?
These days, many companies want to know how to retain their existing staff, rather than spending time and money on training new staff all the time.
As a result, there is an emphasis on employee engagement, well-being, and how to foster working relationships.
In addition, companies are focusing on inclusion, so that every member of staff (whatever their background) feels completely accepted and at ease when working for an organization.
Training staff on how to build trust in the workplace can help them improve their well-being and their interpersonal skills, including how to make others feel valued and included.
You can offer a workshop on building trust in the workplace as part of a series of training sessions on other interpersonal skills topics such as:
Why Buy Off-the-shelf Customizable Training Materials?
Whether you are running your training online or in person, there are several benefits of buying ready-to-use corporate training materials.
- You save a lot of time. We have already done the research, created a lesson plan with the activities, and designed the materials (such as PowerPoint slides and handouts).
- You can edit the materials as you like to adapt them to your audience and add your logo.
- The materials are yours to keep and use for your own courses as you wish.
- The training materials are available for you to download instantly as soon as you buy them.
- Our training materials can be adapted for teaching as an online course if needed, using platforms such as Adobe Connect or Zoom.
Who Are Our Building Trust in the Workplace Training Materials for?
These corporate training materials are for trainers to help employees (including managers and team members) understand the importance of trust in the workplace, and use strategies to develop high-trust work relationships.
You may want to buy these training course materials if you are:
- A self-employed or corporate trainer who wants to offer engagement and inclusion training to his/her customers.
- An HR department that wants to help develop a culture of trust in an organization.
Individuals who will benefit from a trust-building workshop include:
- Staff and team members who need to develop high-trust relationships
- Team leaders who want to be trusted by their team
- High-level managers who would like to understand the impact of trust in the workplace
- HR departments to help foster a culture of trust in the workforce
1/2 a day to 1 day – for classroom training.
You can use these training course materials to deliver either a 1/2 day course of 3 hours, or a full day course.
It will depend on how much time you would like to spend on each activity and an on discussions.
Also, if you are delivering this course in virtual training, you can break it down into 1 or 2-hour modules to be delivered on different days.
The course is structured around its learning objectives, so every learning objective constitutes a sub-section of the course and you can easily break the course down into chunks if you need to.
Materials Outline and Objectives
The aim of these course materials is to help participants understand how to gain other people’s trust at work.
This employee training package is structured into four sections, which correspond to the learning objectives.
At the end of the course, your participants should be able to:
✔ Define what trust is and recognize its importance.
✔ Identify the elements of trust.
✔ Identify and apply trust-building strategies.
✔ Set up an action plan to help you develop trust in the workplace after the training session.
The course materials are designed for a trainer to deliver the course in a classroom setting (either in person or virtually).
However, we strongly believe that participants learn better if they are actively engaged.
So, we have made sure that the materials include plenty of activities, discussions, and other opportunities for learners to participate actively.
Topics That Will Be Covered Include:
What Trust Is and Why It Matters
- Defining trust
- The effects of broken trust at work
- The importance of trust in the workplace
The Elements of Trust
- Rational vs emotional elements of trust
- Trust building to accommodate for different personalities (i.e., how different personality types value different elements of trust)
Trust Building Strategies
- Rational domain strategies
- Emotional domain strategies
- Communication-related strategies
- Building trust in virtual and hybrid teams
Trust Building Action Plan
- Trust-building actions self-assessment
- Creating a trust-building action plan
With this Course, Instantly Download:
✔ 42 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 80-page Trainers workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, course outline, suggested reading list document)
✔ Participants’ workbook, which includes planning templates and guidance and a list of further readings.
✔ Five activities handouts, which include role-play scenarios, a case study, and a trust-building assessment and action plan.
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
Happy Customers Include
British GBP £109 (approx. USD$135) to instantly download the full training course materials package.
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Our ‘Mentoring Skills in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops on how to become effective mentors. (Please note that these materials focus specifically on mentoring skills as opposed to coaching, which is covered in our…
Our ‘Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to run workshops for members of staff and leaders on how to improve emotional intelligence. This training package is: Fully customizable and editable US English &…
These Influencing Skills training course materials are for corporate trainers to help managers and employees understand the foundations of influence, and develop their influencing skills in the workplace and in business. The materials are comprehensive and…
- Ethical Leadership: A Cornerstone of Success in Business and Effective Managerial Training - October 2, 2023
- How Can I Present My PowerPoint Presentation and View Notes on the Monitor While Presenting - September 18, 2023
- What Is Allyship in the Workplace & 7 Stages of the Allyship Journey – Examples and Techniques - August 27, 2023