Page Updated on January 20, 2023
The aim of these active listening training materials for trainers is to help your course participants improve their listening skills.
By the end of this course, they will understand what active listening is, the importance of active listening, and how to implement active listening techniques.
This training package is:
- Fully customizable and editable
- US English & British English compatible
- Downloadable immediately
- Can also be adapted to use for online teaching and training in virtual classrooms.
- and you will own the rights to edit and reuse it for as many of ‘your own courses’ as you wish
What Is Active Listening?
Active listening means fully concentrating on what the other person is saying, actively showing to that person that you are listening, and communicating your understanding back to the speaker, so they can confirm the accuracy of your understanding.
Active listening is also sometimes referred to as empathic listening or reflective listening.
Samples from the training course materials
Click on the slides below to magnify
Why Is Active Listening Important?
“Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.”
― Bernard M. Baruch
The benefits of active listening are many, as highlighted in these active listening training materials. Being a good listener:
- Helps you create deeper relationships with other people. Being listened to is very important for people and it makes them feel good, so you are likely to be more respected and influential if you are able to listen effectively.
- Allows you to find out useful information from people, that you would have not found out if you had not taken the time to listen to them.
- Helps people work better together as it improves their communication skills. Active listening skills in the workplace improve productivity, teamwork, and staff morale.
- Helps improve negotiation skills as it allows you to understand better what the person you are negotiating with wants.
- Is good for leaders and managers to motivate their staff and to employ the best people for the job. By listening effectively, you will be able to understand what motivates people and find out more about them.
- Increases empathy and the ability to see things from another person’s perspective. As a result, active listening can reduce conflict or help you find a win-win solution when conflicts cannot be avoided.
In summary, active listening skills are worth developing because they can help people both in their personal and professional life.
Our corporate training materials on active listening are designed to help people develop their listening and overall communication skills.
Why Should You Offer Active Listening Skills Training Courses as a Trainer?
Active listening is one of the interpersonal skills that is always needed. Listening is a skill that needs working on and developing. Many people prefer to talk rather than listen and listening is not easy but it is an incredibly useful skill to have.
The good news is that effective listening skills can be taught. So, many companies could reap great benefits from training their staff on active listening techniques.
As a result, active listening training courses and workshops are a very good addition to any corporate trainer’s portfolio.
Our off-the-shelf corporate training materials will help you start teaching on a topic straight away, as we have done all the research and lesson planning for you and we have designed all the materials such as participants’ workbooks and PowerPoint slides.
These ready-to-go training material packages for corporate trainers are also fully editable and customizable, so you will be able to adapt them to your needs very easily.
If you, as a trainer, are interested in teaching other communication skills training sessions, take a look at our list of off-the-shelf training course materials about interpersonal skills.
Who Are Our Active Listening Training Course Materials Intended for?
As a trainer, you can use these active listening training course materials to teach a variety of people.
For example, you can run courses for companies that want to send their employees on a short training session to improve their listening skills.
Freelance trainers can also use this active listening training courseware to organize independently run workshops on communication skills.
There is great scope to teach using these training materials as most people could benefit from becoming better listeners or even just from brushing up on their active listening skills.
Acquiring active listening skills can help most people become more effective in business and improve their social life.
Who Could Benefit from This Active Listening Training Package?
There are many people who could benefit from attending an active listening training session, including:
- High-level managers who want to become better negotiators and influence people.
- Team leaders and line managers who want to learn active listening techniques in order to create a better rapport with their team members and understand what motivates them.
- HR departments and anyone in charge of running interviews in order to find the best person for a job.
- Business people and self-employed individuals to become more effective in business.
- Team members to improve the way they cooperate, improve productivity and reduce conflict or find better solutions for it.
- Researchers who run interviews.
- Anyone who would like to improve their social and communication skills.
Duration of This Active Listening Training Course
This is a short course, that is designed to last about 2 hours.
As a corporate or freelance trainer, you can run this session on the same day as other short sessions on related topics (focusing on communication and empathy) such as unconscious bias and mental health awareness
Beginners or anyone who would like to refresh their active listening skills.
Outline and Objectives of Our Off-the-shelf Active ListeningTraining Materials
The aims of this training course package are to help participants understand the importance of effective and active listening and employ active listening techniques.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
✔ Discuss what active listening is and why it is important
✔ Identify reasons why we can fail to listen effectively
✔ Employ strategies that will help them become active listeners
This is a package that contains training materials for corporate and freelance trainers to deliver a trainer-led teaching session in a classroom environment.
Even if the course is designed to be tutor-led, we have designed the training materials in such a way that the learners are actively involved in the learning process through discussions, games, activities, and active listening exercises.
In addition, it is possible to adapt these materials for teaching through digital online teaching platforms. The PowerPoint slides can be used for teaching online and, as part of the training materials, we provide some guidance with suggestions on how you can adapt the activities for an online session.
Topics That Will Be Covered to Include:
- Active listening definition
- Importance of active listening
- Barriers to effective listening
- Active listening techniques
- Verbal and non-verbal cues to show active listening
- Body language for active listening
- Components of active listening
- Ways to ask for clarification and show understanding
With These Active Listening Training Materials, Instantly Download:
✔ 25 PowerPoint slide deck (includes tutor notes on each slide)
✔ 21-page Trainer’s handbook
✔ Participants’ workbook
✔ Course documents (including sign-in sheet, course evaluation sheet, and course outline)
✔ Course certificate (printable to hand to participants)
✔ A PDF guide with suggestions on how to adapt the activities for teaching the course online, if you ever need to.
This package contains FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE training material.
Documents are delivered using MS Word, PDF (in case you do not have MS Word), and PowerPoint (PPT).
The MS Word and PowerPoint files are fully editable, so you can adapt the material to your specific needs.
American & British English Compatible
Suitable for both American English & British English styles.
- We have avoided any words that can cause confusion between American and British English styles such as soccer/football.
- We have used terms that are common in both and we have used the American style for a few words where a ‘z’ rather than ‘s’ is used i.e. materialize.
GBP £89 (approx. USD$109) for the full trainer’s package, ready to download instantly!
Buy This Course
- To purchase click the “Buy Now” button below.
- You can choose to pay via PayPal or by Credit card.
- Once you have paid, you will immediately receive a digital link to download the zip file straight away.
Related training course materials
Assertiveness Skills and Techniques at Work Training Course Materials
Our ‘Assertiveness Skills and Techniques at Work‘ training course materials are for trainers to run workshops on how to be more assertive both in the workplace and in one’s personal life. The key to assertiveness is to balance your own needs with the needs of other…
Influencing Skills Training Course Materials
These ‘Influencing Skills’ training course materials are for corporate trainers to help managers and employees understand the foundations of influence, and develop their influencing skills in the workplace and in business. In these materials, influence refers to the…
Nonverbal Communication and Body Language Training Course Materials
These ‘Nonverbal Communication and Body Language’ training course materials are for trainers to run workshops on how to improve people’s skills, in both interpreting and sending nonverbal communication messages. This training package is: Fully customizable and…
Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds
Latest posts by Dr Valeria (Lo Iacono) Symonds (see all)
- 10 Tips on How to Unleash Your Staff’s Creative Potential - March 12, 2023
- 10 Tips to Make Employee & Workplace Training More Effective & Productive - March 3, 2023
- 10 Tips on How to Be More Likeable and Appreciated at Work - February 12, 2023